Chapter 18: The Killing Joke

When we got to his place we went up to his bedroom. "Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" He asked. "I just found out today. I wasn't planning on telling you because I thought you didn't like kids since you think kids are annoying." I told him. "Yeah but this is our kid." He said. "I'm probably going to put it up for adoption or get a Abortion." I told him. "What no! why?" He asked. "I can't raise a kid by myself." I replied. "You don't have to I'll help you." He told me. "Joker, you obviously don't know who you are. You kill people for a living and you think it's fun." I said. "Yeah I know but that won't effect the kid." He said.

"Why won't it?" I asked. He sighed. "Remember when you asked me what my one bad day was?" He asked. I nodded my head yes. "I used to have a wife and she was pregnant. One day I piss off some gang members. They get payback by killing my wife, making me watch. I tried to help but it was to late." He told me. "Is that why you became the Joker?" I asked. "One of the reasons. But my point is that I already lost a baby before so I want you to keep the baby. I can help you take care of it." He told me. "Okay Joker if that's what you want." I replied.

"Okay good. Now I don't know about you but I'm tired." He said then laid down in bed. I look at my batgirl suit and start taking it off. I'm glad I wear stuff under this. When I was done I laid by him. After about five minutes I heard him snoring. Wow well today was interesting. I cursed at my dad for the first time then I found out I was pregnant. Then I saved my dad. I wonder if my dad will ever talk to me again. Forget talk. He's never gonna look at me again. I wonder what I'd have to do to get his trust back. I'd probably have to kill the Joker. I smiled. I'd have to be as crazy as the Joker to do that. I wonder if he just has like knives laying around.

I roll over to the edge of the bed and open his nightstand drawer. Sure enough he had all different kinds of knives. He says he wants to have a kid but even his nightstand isn't kid safe. I pick up a knife. It's one where you press a button to make the blade come out. What if I did kill him right now. I pressed the button to open the knife. It made a click sound. I could literally kill him right now and no one could stop me. I smiled. My dad would probably talk to me again. I held the knife up like I was gonna kill him. The door to the room flung open and the lights turned on.

It was Harley. "Mista J!" Harley yelled. I dropped the knife. Joker sat up. "What Harley!" Joker said. "She tried killing you!" Harley said pointing at me. Joker seen the knife. He stood up. "You where going to kill me?" He asked. "No." I replied. "Yes she was I seen her!' Harley said. "Harley get out and close the door!" Joker yelled at her. She did what she was told. He picked up the knife. "Then what's this?" He asks. "I wasn't going to kill you. I found it in your drawer. I was thinking about it but I was going to do it. I swear." I told him. "Why where you in my drawer? Why'd you even think about it? You know what never mind just get out!" He told me. "No, Joker just listen." I said as tears started forming in my eyes. "Just go." He told me.

Running out of things to do I hug him. Being pregnant can really make you emotional. "Joker I wasn't I promise. I'm sorry." I tell him as I start crying into his chest. He pushed me away. "I told you I'd never hurt you but you where going killing me. Your lucky your pregnant." He said. "Joker please." I said. "No." He said. I started walking out of his room but then I turned back. "You know who the batman is? I'll tell you" I said. "Don't lie." He said. "Fine." I said then walked out of his room.

I went downstairs and out of the house. I start walking home in the night. Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I should have killed him. I hate to say this but my dad was right. He was right about Joker. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I was pushed against a wall. "Hello. Remember me?" A guy asked. He came in the light. He was smoking a cigarette. He lifted his shirt up to show a scar. "Your the guy Joker stabbed." I said. "When I was finally getting on his good side to. Then you mess that all up. I'm gonna finish what I was intending to do to you." He said taking out a knife. He put out his cigarette.

I tried punching him but he dogged it and slammed me on the wall. "Now that Joker isn't here to save you, I can do whatever I want." He said. He started lifting up my shirt. "Damn no wonder Joker wanted you to his self." He said then forcibly kissed me. I kicked him. He backed up. "That's not how this is going to work. Now your gonna pay." He said. He grabbed my arm and slid the knife all the way down. Making me bleed. I grabbed him and slammed him against the wall. I took his hand with the knife in it and stabbed him so he would stab himself. He slid down the wall. He held where I stabbed him. His hands all bloody. I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him off the wall. I threw him on the ground.

"Say your sorry!' I yelled at him. He nodded his head no and smiled. "Got a lighter?" I asked. He shook his head no again. I stepped on the knife that was still in him. "You smoke right? So you must have Lighter." I told him. He didn't do anything. I searched his pockets finally finding a lighter. "You won't do it." He said. Blood was coming out of his mouth. I took the knife out. He screamed in pain. I stabbed it back into his shoulder. He screamed again. I lit his shirt and jeans so he would catch on fire easier. "Okay! I'm sorry!" He yelled. "Well now sorry isn't good enough asshole! Sorry didn't get what I wanted so sorry won't get what you want!" I yelled at him. At sat by the wall watching him burn.