Chapter 2 - First Day Back

~One Year Earlier~

Wendy's POV

I was walking down to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast when I passed by my cousin Natsu's room. He was snoring so loud I was surprised that he didn't wake himself up. I decided that if he wasn't going to wake up on his own someone else would have to. I ran into his room screaming as if I was being attacked, he leaped out of bed with a pillow in each hand looking like he was ready to hit something. He realized what was happening as soon as I fell to the floor laughing.

"You fell for it again!" I laughed hysterically.

"Not funny, you know how I am when I'm sleeping" Natsu pouted.

"I know I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help myself." I said holding back laughter, "Wait a minute... why did you grab pillows as your weapon?"

"BECAUSE I WAS SLEEPING AND THEY WERE IN ARMS REACH! WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO GRAB?!" Natsu shouted at the top of his lungs.

We both stopped arguing as we heard footsteps coming up the stairs at a rapid pace. We knew exactly what it was and that we were about to get yelled at.

"Quit your yapping and come down and eat breakfast before you're late for school!" My mom Grandeeney snapped at us.

Before either of us could respond she was gone. I stuck my tongue out at Natsu and ran out of the room. I was already done my bacon and eggs by the time my loser of a cousin decided to show up. He quickly ate up his food and we were just about to leave the house when we were smacked on the back of our heads with her spatula.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"To school?" Natsu scoffed, "we don't want to be late on the first day."

"Without saying goodbye! How dare you!" Grandeeney stared at him in shock.

"Sorry Mom, goodbye! We love you!" I yelled as we ran out the door.

Natsu's POV

The walk to school was uneventful as always and when I walked in through the doors I was greeted by my two best friends Lisanna Strauss and Gray Fullbuster. I greeted them, and and we just spent most of the morning catching up on what we did during the summer holidays. During our conversation I was taking in the scenery when I noticed the cheerleaders and all the jocks show up right before the bell rang as usual. I snapped out of my daze because of Gray, who was violently shaking my shoulders.

"Wake up flame brain!" Gray yelled.

"Oh put a shirt on will ya! You stripper!" Natsu retorted.

"C'mon guys we're gonna be late for class" Lisanna persisted.

The guys sighed in unison and stood up to head to their first period classes.