Chapter 7 - Overprotective

Natsu's POV

I quickly swung open the front door to find Wendy sitting on the step. She didn't bother looking over at me when I sat down beside her.

"I'm sorry" I said as I looked over at her. "I know that I messed up and that I got too protective over you."

"You think? She retorted sarcastically.

I really didn't think she would be this offended by what I did. I don't even know what I could say to make this situation any better.

"Natsu I just need you to understand that I'm not your 'little sister' anymore. I can make my own decisions."

"Wendy I know that but I'm also allowed to be concerned about you."

"There is a difference between concerned and intrusive. I don't think that you know the difference between the two!" Wendy started to tear up.

I opened my mouth to respond but then I realized that she may be right. What if I am overly protective? "Look, Wendy you're right I'm so sorry, I'll try to let you be more independant now."

"Thank you Natsu, I'm glad that you finally understand" she stood up to give me a hug signifying that everything is now all alright. Now I just have to play my part.

Gray's POV

I was dominating at Mortal Combat.

Romeo never stood a chance though. He stood up and screamed in agony as he lost yet another match to me.

"Sorry man, you will never be be able to beat me" I chuckled at him.

"Ugh, c'mon on more round, this time I'll beat you for sure."

We started another round which I obviously was going to win again. Halfway through, we were interrupted by Wendy and Natsu coming back into the basement. You could tell Wendy had been crying but she still wore a smile on her face. She ran towards Romeo, grabbed his arm and they quickly disappeared upstairs.

"Hey I'm assuming you guys are good now?" I asked, trying to read Natsu's expression.

"Yeah we are all good! Now let me beat your sorry ass in this game" He leaped over the couch and sat down grabbing a controller in the process.

"You are gonna regret saying that" I laughed as we chose our characters and began our match.

~10 Minutes Later~

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE WON!" I screamed at Natsu who just gave me a cocky grin from the other side of the couch.

"Oh chill man, admit defeat already."

Our game was cut short when we heard Grandeeney call us for dinner. It was a slightly awkward dinner because there was still a bit of tension in the room from earlier but thankfully, Grandeeney kept filling the silence by blabbing on about random things. Romeo and I left soon after dinner, and when we said our goodbyes, I knew that Natsu had finally understood where Wendy was coming from. I had faith that he would cool down on being overprotective.

====================

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short :P it's just a filler and the next chapter will have more going on as well as more NaLu!