Chapter 4

This chapter will include Ash's Pov and Serena's

Ash's Pov
As I left the pokemon center, i knew i wanted to get something for serena but since i said i was getting Pikachu something too, I didn't want to let him down by not getting him something. He'll be easy to find a gift for. There's one thing Pikachu loves: Ketchup! However, I want to get Serena something she'll use constantly like something to wear. What to get...what to get...I know! I'll get Serena some jewelry! Maybe a ring or necklace! I started heading to a jewelry store and was stopped by officer Jenny.
"Where are you going, young man?"
"I'm going to the jewelry store."
What's the occasion? It's on the other side of the city and I could give you a lift"
"I'm getting a gift for my girlfriend, Serena" I could feel my face burning up as I said girlfriend. Was I blushing?
"Awww that's sweet of you. Would you like a ride there?"
"Yes please, officer Jenny!"
"Alright, my motorcycle is in the parking lot. What is your name?"
"I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet town in the Kanto region"
"Nice to meet you Ash." Officer Jenny had said as i hopped on her sidecar if her motorbike.

Serena's Pov
I can't wait for tonight! We're going on a date! Ash said he'll meet me in the park before the movie starts. I told fennekin and pikachu to come with me. They both agreed and we walked out of the pokemon center. Bonnie and Clemont had gone to get groceries for supper. I decided to take Fennekin and Pikachu for a walk. I wound up telling them about me and Ash. Pikachu seemed surprised when i told him. Pikachu stopped walking and looked out at the beach. I could tell he wanted to play in the water. I didn't want him getting dirty because I didn't know how ash would react. I told Pikachu me and ash and him would come out before we left town. Pikachu seemed to understand. We all decided to head back to our room and rest up before tonight.

Ash's Pov
Officer Jenny dropped me off at the jewelry store and wished me luck. I thanked her and she headed off. I walked into the jewelry store and a man greeted me. "Welcome young man, what brings you in here today?"
"I'm looking for a gift for my girlfriend, Serena."
After looking around for a gift for serena, the man and I decided that I'm getting a necklace and a promise ring for serena. I paid for the jewelry and started to head out. I went to a camping store and bought a tent for me and Serena to use tonight. I even bought us some blankets. I ended up buying a wagon to haul around what all i bought. I decided to bead back and get set up for tonight.

When i got to the park, some groups were already setting up, I decided to set up under a nice shady tree. I first put ip the tent and put our blankets in there and made it look nice. I then put a couple of pillows in there for us. I laid the necklace on the pillow i thought Serena would take and kept the ring in my pocket. i put my pjs where i would sleep and Serena's nightgown near her pillow. I made sure the tent was staked into the ground and decided to wait for the group to show up.

Serena's pov
Me, Bonnie, and Clemont were all ready to go to the park and meet ash. Clemont packed some things for bonnie and him to lie on. I just took pikachu with me and my pokeball containing Fennekin. As we walked, Pikachu was behind and i let him jump onto my shoulder like he always does with Ash.

As we approached the park, I saw Ash standing near a new tent. Pikachu jumped off me and ran towards Ash. I ran up to ash and hugged him. He whispered "your gift is in the tent for you, serena" he then opened it up for me and i saw the beautiful necklace he got me and he brought my nightgown for the movie. I put on the nightgown then put on the necklace and came out. "Ash, it's beautiful!" I told him as kissed him. " that's not all serena." He then pulled out a tiny box and opened it to reveal a ring. "It's a promise ring for us to always be together" he said as he slid it on my finger. I started tearing up. He really does love me! He wiped away my tears and kissed me. "I love it Ash." I said with tears in my eyes.
"I knew you would. Take a closer look at it"
"Huh? What?"
"I got in engraved with our names." I inspected the ring and he actually had in engraved
"Oh my goodness, Ash! You're the best!" He blushed.
"I know. I arranged this tent so we can see the movie through the window and cuddle since I figured you'd like that"
"Yes! I love it when you hold me!"
"Well are you ready to get inside?"
I nodded to ash and he called Pikachu inside and gave him a bottle of ketchup as his gift. That Pikachu does love ketchup. Ash quickly changed in front of me and made sure to keep the top off because I love it like that. The movie soon started and Pikachu was soon snoring through the movie. It didn't bother me since i was being held by the boy of my dreams. I fiddled with my new ring for a bit before falling asleep in ash's arms.