Chapter 57

On our way back to the Pokemon center, I felt a rumble from my pokeball. I figured that it was fletchling that was causing the small commotion. I let him out as I walked with Ash. Fletchling was very energetic upon release from the ball. Ash chuckled at this behavior, "So, a free new Pokémon?" I nodded, "He's been there since I've been in Kalos. My mom would always wake me up by making fletchling use peck on me. Not the best way to wake up."
"Because the best way to wake up is?"
"With you! Did you ask that just so you could hear me say that?" Ash gave me a slight nod as we continued walking. "Hey Ash? Can I tell you something? Promise you won't be mad."
"Sure, Serena. What's on your mind?"
"Our waiter. When I was coming back from the hotel he stopped me. He asked if you were my boyfriend which I said yes. He said that it was too bad and that he could treat me better." I felt Ash's grip on my hand tighten. "Alright? I don't know what to say."
"Me neither. I don't believe that guy but I thought I should at least tell you."  He smiled back at me, "Thanks Serena. What about this surprise trip to Kanto?"
"Oh, Yeah. What do you want to know?"
"Why? Why go back to Kanto?"
"Ash, we're not staying. At least not yet. We're just visiting. Then we'll come back to Kalos and you can continue getting your badges."
"What about your princess keys?"
"I can get those when we come back too. I think we need to get out of Kalos for a bit. We've dealt with so much in the past few weeks. What's next? This waiter guy making moves on us?" Ash seemed to get my message. "I agree. I don't care where we go as long as I'm with you." Ash was always such a sweet talker. I could feel my cheeks getting warm from a blush. We just kept walking in silence. It was peaceful. I had Ash in my hand and everything was going great!

As soon as we got back to the Pokémon center, I had Ash pack his things. Mine were all ready because I was the one who came up with the Kanto trip after all. I sat on the bed, playing with Pikachu and Fletchling. I think fletchling will be more of a pet than a performer or fighter. I watched Fletchling fly around Pikachu and make Pikachu dizzy. It was cute when Pikachu would fall over from dizziness. I couldn't help but stare at Ash. He was busy making sure he had everything set for our trip to Kanto. However, he was extremely quiet. That was starting to bother me. Ash was never quiet unless something was bothering him. I really did not want to get into an argument again tonight. I figured it best that we talk about it on the plane in the morning.

As Ash stayed busy, I called Clemont to tell them that we'd be leaving Kalos for a little while. Clemont insisted on not telling Bonnie so to not upset her. I agreed. It'd be better for her this way. She's young, she'll forgive and forget quickly. Clemont didn't really have much else to say to me so I disconnected our call. I went back to our bedroom and got changed. I got in bed and turned on the TV. I watched some soap opera just to kill the time until Ash got in bed. I didn't really follow what was going on. It just gave me something to do while i wait. I eventually got tired of waiting. "Ash come to bed, don't keep me waiting."
"Coming, Serena." Ash called out before appearing and getting next to me in bed. "Ash, what's wrong?" I asked in anticipation to not really get much out of my dense boyfriend. "There's people in Kanto that I know we'll run into but I don't want to at all."
"What do you mean?"
"Old traveling buddies. Some of them didn't really end well on the adventures. Im scared as to what'll happen."
"Ash, you'll be fine. You have your lucky charm, me!" Ash smiled and wrapped his arms around me and cuddled up to my body. I didn't need to say anything else. His actions spoke what he would've said verbally. I laid my head down and drifted off to sleep with my Ashy.