Chapter 31

After we finished telling our sides of the story, officer Jenny thanked us and rules our actions as self-defense. We were free. She actually thanked us for taking care of her breakout situation. We said what we needed to say and she left. Ash spoke up, "Hey, serena," he coughed for a moment, "Could you get us some supper?" I nodded, "Sure, what you like?" He pondered the question for a minute then answered, "I want something salty. Maybe some French fries or something. Surprise me." He fell back onto the bed and closed his eyes. I giggled and said, "My hero doesn't even know what he wants to eat."
"I heard that."
"I know. I wanted you to. I'll be back soon." I left the room and saw some people cleaning up Miette. It's a shame that her passion for Ash went to insane limits. I kept walking to the cafeteria and found some people in there getting supper as well. I order Ash some soup, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a few chicken tenders. I figured he must be starving and there wasn't much left to choose from tonight. I got Ash some salt packets and ketchup. As soon as I picked up the ketchup packets, I felt something jump onto my shoulders-it was pikachu! "You want some ketchup too?" I asked him. He nodded and responded with a "Pika!"
"Well you did help me and Ash tonight, so your reward is ketchup!" He got excited as I stuffed my pockets with a little more ketchup than was necessary for the food I was getting. I paid and went back to our room. Ash was sitting up on the bed watching TV. "Oh, I thought Pikachu went with you. Lemme guess, He wanted ketchup?"
"Do you see how big my pockets are bulging? Thats all for him." I said in a jokingly tone. Ash chuckled a bit as he took the tray I handed him. "Looks good Serena. Thank you."
"Anything for my heroes!" I said, handing all the ketchup packets that were in my pockets to Pikachu. He scurried under the bed with all of them. We laughed at the little yellow thing. Ash sprinkled his food with the salt that was on his tray and began eating. Pikachu came out every so often to discard a ketchup packet. "At least he's throwing them away." I said to Ash. He nodded and kept eating. I wasn't in the mood for food tonight. "Serena, You have to eat too."
"I know. But after everything that happened tonight...I'm just not hungry. Plus I don't want to walk past the scene that I saw on the way down there the first time." He set asides his tenders and said, "Eat them because I know I won't have room for it. I want you to eat but I also don't want you to see that mess again." I took the playe with the chicken on it and started eating, "Thanks Ash. I love you."
"I love you too. Oh. By the way, Clemont and Bonnie are behind schedule again. They just called while you were in the cafeteria. They'll be another 3 day minimum."
"Okay, more alone time with you, my hero." I said sweetly. He finished eating and got up and set his tray in the kitchen and came and say back down, "I'll clean it in the morning." He spoke firmly. I nodded as I got up and out the plate with the chicken I ate in the sink. I sat down with Ash and he pulled me down to lay with him. We watched a romantic comedy that was on for awhile. I finally turned off the TV after a bit and said, "Goodnight, Ash, I live you my hero."
"I love you too, sweetheart," he said as he kissed me. I cuddled up with him and covered us up. We were both exhausted after the day we had. We quickly fell asleep, or at least I did.