Ch.8

I was working in the library after a long day of classes. I wanted to distract myself from the morning conversation with Samantha. After staying for about an hour, it was time to leave. I grabbed my stuff.

Tim, the Chauffeur was a man in his forties. He always talked about his family. He once showed me a picture of his daughter and wife. He wanted his daughter to be strong and intelligent just like me. From what I heard about her, she would be better. I assured him, though she was still young.

I usually received a call from Tim that he parked his car, so I would walk out of the campus. These were Samuel's strict instructions. I waited for his call, but he didn't call. I walked out of the campus, then I saw his car. Tim gestured with his hand for me to approach, I moved forward and opened the door. "Hi, Tim," Tim was wearing the usual uniform, with the hat and sunglasses. He nodded his head and turned on the car.

Tim was acting strange. He usually talked, the silence was too much. I wanted to say something, "The weather is really nice today," I noticed he wasn't hanging his family's picture at the edge of the mirror.

I looked at his hands on the steering wheel. Tim was wearing a skull ring.

Flash back:

"Today I saw a hideous man, who was talking on the phone while driving. If I weren't paying attention, I would've hit him....and he was angry... I walked to him to check if he was alright, he just pulled his finger. I didn't want to make a scene, I just walked away. Wearing a skull ring, maybe he thought he's the devil or something."

Tim was angry that day. He was irritated back then. I tried to act normal by looking out of the window distracting myself from this weird situation. This was definitely not Tim. What the hell I was suppose to do? I looked at the road, there was no traffic. I only had one chance, I had to wait for the right moment. Today the streets were crowded. Street lights came in view. It is red, here was my only chance, the car was stopping, I took my chance, opened the door, he screamed something, I was faster than him, I jumped as soon as he started the engine and I saw the car moving away, I took my phone from my pocket and took a photo. The next thing I did, called Samuel who answered after the second ring.

"Halloo"

"SS-Samuel!!!!" I screamed.

"Julia, where are you?" He said sternly.

After fifteen minutes, Samuel's car was parked in front of me. I didn't move, I stood in my place.

He came out of the car, ran towards me, and gave me a crashing hug.