Ch.11

It had been a week since the last attack. Investigations are still on. I was in bed and it was noon. I heard a knock on the door, but I didn't answer. I heard steps, so I covered my head. I was feeling cold and wasn't in the mood to see anyone. Suddenly, I was lifted with the blanket on the sofa.
"Oh come on," I threw the blanket on the ground to watch Samuel's smirking face.

"What's wrong, iron lady? Why are you still in bed?" He moved closer, put his hand on my forehead. "You have fever."

There was a worried frown on his face.

"I'll take an Advil no need to worry," I assured him.

He opened the drawer, gave me a pill, and helped me drink. "Try to sleep and rest," then he walked out of the room.

I was drowning in bed. I was running and they were getting closer, the voices, I kept stumbling. My legs were weak, I couldn't stand up. "Helpp mee, somebody..." I was in bed, it was raining outside, it started raining inside the room, I was about to suffocate, I couldn't take a breath. I was at the balcony, he yanked my hair and he wanted to kill me, "nooooo"

Warm hands were embracing me, "It was only bad dream, you're safe now,"I started sobbing weakly, "Shhh," he made round circles on my back. I could hear his heartbeat, I looked at his face, "You need to sleep," I said weakly.
I walked out of bed, washed my face, my legs were becoming numb, I was trying to be strong. I moved a step towards him, "I am fine."

I saw his lips moving but dizziness was coming back, the ceiling started spinning around. My head was getting heavier, I was dropping to the ground, I felt a strong hand on my back, then I fell unconscious.

I woke up in the middle of the night, there was a towel on my forehead. I turned right to meet two blue eyes.
"What happened?" I asked.

"You had fever. It is gone now," he said with a weak smile.

"I am sorry," I managed to say before drifting into a deep sleep.