Ch.17

I was waiting during the whole week for this day. It was Samuel's idea of inviting our parents and informing them about the news of our engagement. I was wearing a black dress that covered my curves. It hung just above my knees and kept my long brown wavy hair loose. Samuel was wearing a black pants and white buttoned shirt.

Finally, it was Friday, and Samuel had been trying for the past ten minutes to calm me to get out of his car.

"You can't stay in the car for the evening. Everyone is waiting for us for dinner, and I am getting hungry," he said with a smirk which made me hit his shoulder playfully.

"Your mother won't like this at all." I touched the ring on my finger.

"Then she should get use to it," he went out of the car, opened my door, "Let's go," offering his hand with a goofy smile "Or else I would do it my way."

I sighed and just as I was about to step out of the car, I see his arms circling my waist, " Wh-What the-"

"Too late," he chuckled and my head was upside down, seeing his back, "I can walk, put me down."

He put me down indeed but to be carried bridal style in his arms, " Oh come on," I was trying to suppress a laugh, "Glad I amuse you," I huffed.

Samuel put me down as we were waiting for the elevator. I looked at the mirror, I was trying to make my hair a a bit presentable, "You ruined my hair," I mocked, looking at his reflection, we locked eyes, blue to hazel, he came closer, his chest was touching my back, "You look hot, love." Elevator's door popped open, we marched outside of the elevator, to meet the cheerfulness of Samantha, this girl can make anyone happy. She had this positive vibe wherever she goes.

" Heyy," she kissed Samuel's cheek.

"Girl, you look gorgeous," she said while hugging me.

We walked in the corridor, the dinning room was filled with guests. I approached my parents and hugged them.

"I thought it was going to be only our parents," I mumbled to Samuel.

He shrugged. He wasn't expecting this too, I can tell just from the look on his face.

His mother entered the room, walked to us, she welcomed my parents, and I was silent all the time. I was spreading smiles all the time, my feet were killing me from the heels.

When the dinner was announced, I was more than thankful. People would be busy eating, not glaring.

When all the guests were assembled in their places, Samuel stood up and cleared his throat. All eyes were watching and waiting for what he had to say. He took a breath, "I would like to thank each and everyone of you for being here with us today. I would like to announce that Julia and I are engaged," he grabbed my hand and I stood by his side, showing my ring to everyone.

"Julia, you drive me crazy and you made me go mad with your stubbornness and recklessness and that's what made me fall in love with you, I promise you my love that I'll always be there for you, you complete me," he wiped the tear that fell unnoticed on my cheek and kissed my forehead.

My parents weren't surprised at all, it seems that someone was working behind my back. He took the approval from my parents before his proposal.

His sister was extremely happy for us. She kept saying "I had it coming," which made me laugh.

Samuel's mother looked in pain. She was astonished which made me feel bad. I had to win her.

After dinner, I officially met George who had the same height as his friend, dark hair and gray eyes.