Ch. 26

Dedicated to @beautiful_mess98 

It was getting darker, and I was on pins and needles. I had to show Julia the picture and tell her about Vin Perta. She might help in the case. The tiniest information can become a clue to figure out who was behind this mess. However, I was hesitant. I didn't want to bring any unlocked memories, but I was curious and dying to hear her out.

As soon as I entered the house, I was greeted by Dorothy who hugged me tightly. "You're home after dark," she accused me. "Mummy wanted me to sleep, but I was hiding. I wanted to see you," she pouted.

"The dutiful daughter greets her father with a bit of Oreo on the corner of her lip." I wiped them with a napkin, smiling.

"The dutiful daughter should be fast asleep," Julia said sharply. She attempted to take her but I refrained. She looked quizzically at me. I just motioned my head to the office door. She nodded silently, watching me walk upstairs. I tucked Dorothy to bed, kissing her forehead.

When I entered the office, I saw Julia looking out the window. She turned her head, the minute I closed the door. "What's wrong, Samuel?"

I settled into the couch and pulled the picture from my pocket. "Nothing's wrong, love, but you have to see this."

I handed her the picture. She frowned. "Where did you find this?"

"How do you know Vin?" I sneered the last word.

"He was a friend. Vin and I met at a coffee shop. He was a graduate in need for a job, and I helped him. I talked to dad. He started working at my father's company. He was always around. He used to pick me up from school. He was trustworthy," Julia stopped to take a breath as if thinking of a way for composing her thoughts into sentences. "He tried to," she gulped, and I held her hand tightly. "To kiss me."

"You don't have to continue, I'm sorry love!" I exclaimed. "We can do this later"

"No, I have to," she argued.

"Dad was preparing a surprise for my mom; it was my parents' anniversary. Dad informed me that Vin will come later to take some files from his office. Vin came as expected. He finished his work and asked me to accompany him to his car. I thought he wanted to say something, but he surprised me when he pinned me to the wall. I tried to push him away. All my attempts went in vain, he was too strong. He kissed me, but pulled away when I didn't kiss back. He tried to kiss me again, but this time I slapped him. After that incident, he left and kept a distance." Julia was breathless.

I'm going to kill that bastard!

"I'm so sorry, baby," I was so mad but I wanted to punch someone but I have to control myself.

Wiping her tears, I kissed her neck and smelled her brown hair, strawberry. I carried her in my arms to our bedroom. That night, she slept her head on my chest, but it wasn't left unnoticed her tears flowing on her cheeks. The memory was painful to her heart, and I felt so powerless

Julia's P.O.V

I blinked open my eyes to find myself in bed. I looked at my right, Samuel was still asleep. Yesterday, he tried to control his anger, but I knew him too well. He was having a battle field to calm himself. Trying to remove his arm from around my waist, I felt his strong hand tighten around me, and I was pushed into his chest. He buried his head in my hair, "stay," he said, his voice sonorous.

"Samuel," I was confused, and I had to ask.

"Hmm," he said while closing his eyes, sniffing my hair.

"Where did you find the picture?"

Samuel opened his eyes wide open. I looked at his face, he was deep in thoughts.

"He's arrested of attempted murder," Samuel yanked the covers.

Immediately it clicked, "Are you sure? How could he?" I was bewildered. I yanked the covers and started pacing the room. "My father was nothing but nice to him. Why did he do it?"

Samuel didn't utter a word. He said nothing. He stared intently at me. I was so mad.

"He called him son. Did he do it for money? Maybe someone threatened him." I paused. "Was it me?" I was staring at the floor. Oh. It was maybe revenge. I couldn't think straight. I put my hand on my mouth. It dawned to me; my father could've been dead because of me. It's my entire fault.

Samuel's warm lips crashed into mine by surprise. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. It was a shut up kiss, a stop overreacting kiss. He pulled away with a smirk, looking into my eyes he said, "Come sit down. I'll tell you everything."

___________________

Samuel's POV

After narrating the whole situation except the fact that I broke the bastard's nose, Julia was dumbfounded.

"Samuel, I want to see him," she asked in a low voice.

I twisted my head quickly, "What? What did you say?"

"You heard me very well," she looked challengingly.

"No, freaking way," I barked.

She put her soft hand on my shoulder. "Please understand, I have to talk to him. I have to ease my mind," she argued.

"I'll drive you there," I said sharply.

"Fine," she kissed my chin.

After ten minutes, we were in the car driving. Julia's phone vibrated, she scrolled and she had a look of confusion on her face.

"Who is it?" I asked.

She didn't say anything. She just shook her head.

After parking the car, I noticed several police officers having an intense discussion. I had a weird feeling.

Detective Harold walked toward us, "Samuel, Vin fled last night"

"What the hell are you saying?" my voice was tense.

I looked at Julia who became pale with wide eyes,

"Julia! What's wrong, love" I steadied her. I helped her sit while Harold gave her a glass of water.

"Message," she stuttered, gulping nervously. She handed me her phone.

I unlocked the phone and the minute I read the message, I banged my fist on the table, "that asshole"

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the long wait!

1043 words wohooo!!! 

I want to thank all my lovely readers for still being interested in my work !

If you're eager to know what's going to happen next, four episodes are available on Radish!

let me know what do you think ;)

Don't forget to vote that cute little star :D

Have a Nice Day <3