Ch.10

Detective informed us earlier in the morning about the mission. It will happen during the opening of the new institution. Samuel will be giving a speech, and we should be ready for anything can happen.

The conference would be held at 6:00 p.m. We had three hours. I was so worried. I was hoping everything would end up well and no body would get hurt.

I was preparing myself, I decided to wear something comfortable. A simple, black dress with an ideal-coat. The weather was getting colder outside.

I still had two hours, I was fixing my hair, I let it flow over the back. I heard an incoming message, I checked the message:

Samuel

Detective called, you better come earlier than the time we agreed upon. The conference would be held outdoors.

After seeing this, I tried to call him, but he didn't reply. So, I grabbed my coat and purse and headed outside, I met Daisy in the hallway and told her change of plans.

Tim was waiting in the car. The drive took about half an hour. There was an hour and a half left before the opening. I entered the building, I was guided to the gardens, some people were checking the lights, others on the platform putting flowers and testing the microphone. Then I saw him, he was wearing a black jeans, a white shirt, and a black jacket, handsome as always. He was engaged in a deep conversation with one of the clients, he didn't notice me.

I turned my attention towards the huge garden. Tables were scattered everywhere at the edge of the swimming pool, lights were everywhere. It was 5:30 p.m. It was a cloudy day and it was getting darker.

I found myself admiring Samuel. He was a hardworker. He is the type of person who's hard to understand, but I know him well. He is like the pineapple, it is funny, he stands tall as if he's wearing a crown, but he is sweet from the inside. Noise from behind me pulled me from my thoughts, I turned my head to see the man who was arranging the flowers from a while, now he was carrying boxes, entering through Staff Room, I did the most ridiculous thing, I followed him. I don't know I knew I had to follow.

He went up the stairs into another floor. There was a small balcony at the end of the hall. He put the boxes on the ground. I went to the upper floor, I walked to the small balcony, the garden was in full view, in particular the platform where Samuel was going to present his speech. I immediately called Detective

"Detective, Julia's speaking. I am in hall 205 and there is a person on the balcony.

"Don't engage in anyway. Don't come near him. Stay where you are, do you copy?"

"Ok..ok."

" Did you see any weapons?

" I dunno, I couldn't see any weapon, he was only carrying boxes."

"Keep your phone on silent mode. I would call you back."

I waited for five minutes, it was 5:55  and there was only five minutes before the opening. I decided to spy on the man who was on the balcony. I walked slowly in the hall, I saw that he changed his uniform, he got rid of the boxes but there was still a black box, he opened it, and what I saw gave me goosebumps. A long spirally grooved barrel was taken out of the box. I entered into another hall, I texted "Detective, he got a rifle!!!"

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to do something. My phone started buzzing, I looked at the caller id; Samuel.

"Julia, where the hell are you?" He growled. 

"I- there is a a man with a rifle. I have to do something stupid." I said with a low voice.

"Julia Bloom, don't do anything? Do you freaking hear me? I am coming with backup?" He ordered furiously and hung up his phone.

I stood up, carried the vase which was in the hall near my hiding spot. I moved slowly towards the balcony. I heard taking on the phone, "Boss, she is nowhere to be seen. I get it no killing just injuring, I didn't forget,"

I was astonished. I acted fast, I held the vase in my hands and with all the power I had I threw it on his head, I didn't wait for his reaction. I picked up the rifle and threw it from the balcony and watch it fall in the pool. I couldn't resist the temptation of grinning. I looked on the ground to see no one, I turned my back to be slapped in the face, I fell to the ground, he yanked me to my feet and I screamed. He breathed in my ear, "You think you are damn smart, let me tell you something bitch, your lover boy would die first then you're next."

"You are too late for that" I said with an irritating smug or was it the pain from my cheek.

He opened his mouth about to say something, but he was knocked on the ground by Samuel who started punching his face until Detective pulled him, making way for the security and police to pull up the man who had a broken nose from all the beating, the police put handcuffs on his wrists.

I inhaled deeply while staring at the angry man in front of me. I took his fist in my hand, checked his knuckles, they were bruised from all the hitting. His pupils dilated when he looked at my face but clenched his teeth as soon as he saw my cheek.

"I am going to kill that fucking bastard," he marched in the hallway, but was stopped by Detective who forced him to walk back to the balcony.

"You should've followed orders but I think if it weren't for you things would've been worse. Where's the rifle?" Detective asked me.

"I hit a vase on his head and threw the rifle into the pool. I didn't want anyone to die." I said with a sorrow look.

"What happened after?" Asked the Detective.

I looked from him to Samuel, just remembering gave me a headache,"Can we have this talk later?"

"Of course," The Detective walked away leaving Samuel scratching his neck, he looked at me and rubbed his eyes.

"Julia, you are going to be the death of me," he took my hand and said "Let's go home and put some ice on your cheek."