Ch.14

Samuel's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I had a meeting in about an hour. I took a quick shower, picked up my phone when I noticed a paper on the nightstand. I picked it up and opened it. It was a letter from Julia,

Dear Samuel,

If you're reading my letter, this means I had gone but I will return, I promise. I am sorry for working behind your back. It was the only way to keep you safe.
                                                                                                                                                         JULIA

No, it can't be!!

I immediately called Detective.

"Hello"

"Where is she?" I screamed into the phone.

"If something happens to her, you'll regret the day you were born. Do you hear? Where are you? Stay where you are."

I stormed out of the mansion, drove at a furious speed. I reached the building, couldn't wait for the elevator, I ran to the stairs. I pushed the door open, I saw him, I couldn't control my rage, I punched him hard in the face. Agents stopped their work, they stood up, but detective said, "Leave him, it's okay, go back to work."

"Detective, how could you do this?" I took a breath, " Where is she?"

"We had a detecting device on her phone. She is at a junkyard, we'll rescue her don't worry. She is a strong woman."

"I am coming with you, and nothing you would say could change my mind," I said furiously.

"Okay, but you need to follow my orders, do you understand, Samuel?

"Sure," I sighed.

"Now you should wear a shield," he handed it over and a guy called Jimmy helped me get ready, gave me a gun, and we marched out of the building.

***

All the cops took their position. They were divided into groups and scattered into different directions. One cop spoke through the microphone, "Charles Luciano, you're under arrest, cops have laid siege over the whole place, surrender now."

Luciano's men started shooting, I was hiding behind a car, I had to get to Julia. When cops broke into the place, I followed them.

I saw a room, I ran toward it, two men were blocking the way, I hid behind a pillar, cops started shooting their way, one of the men fell on the ground, the second man ran away but was caught by the cop.

I pushed the door open, "Juliaaaa." I saw her on the ground. She was cold as I touched her with blue lips, I thought she was dead. Her pulse was weak.

Detective entered the room, "I am losing her," I said with a piercing scream.