Chapter 13

Melody's POV W
The next morning I get up to see Logan smiling at me. Hi hand is wrapped around my waist and my head was in the crook of his neck. Sometime in the night he had buried his face in my hair because my hair was falling out of the messy hun I kept it in every time I sleep.
"Hey Ody," he smiles as if this had always been his dream.
"Hey Logan," I smile back, matching his intensity. I try to get up to get ready for school but his grip just tightens.
"Don't think you can get up without me getting a kiss." I roll my eyes and peck him on the cheek. His grip slowly loosens and I get up. I grab my running shorts and pull on the short Logan was wearing yesterday which happened to be a Suicide Squad t- shirt. I pull on my black and white Nikes and pull my hair in to a messy ponytail. To finish it off I pull on Logan's black baseball cap.

"Never change, but if you do put on more of my clothes," Logan says as he snakes his arms around my waist

"Where did you get new clothes?" I question his new outfit.
"My parents are moving back for like another month so your mom said I can stay in your brothers room," he explained, putting his head in my neck. "WHY DO you where your hair up so much now?" Logan questions out of no where.
"I don't know, I just don't like the way it looks and it just gets in the way of myskateboarding." With that we grab our stuff and leave for a long day of school. I don't even hesitate to hand him the keys to the Impala.
- _- LINEYBREAKEY- _-
When we pull up to the school I see Bae's car with instantly reminds me of the phone call I had rotten at almost 3 am.
I run up to the tree and hug Bae so hard she probably couldn't breathe.
"You're okay right? Cause if you're not I will find the person who did this and I will-" Logan cut me off.
"Okay Ody, your suffocating her." Everyone else stopped, waiting for me to scream for him not to call me Ody.
"Logan?" Bae hugs him really tight.
"The one and only Bae," he replies smirking.
"Are you just visiting or-"
"Staying for good." He finishes and puts his arms around my waist from the back.
"I told you I'm never leaving and that's a promise," he whispers in my ear making me giggle.
Hunter, Hannah, and Brayden just stare confused.
"Mel, who's shirt and cap are you wearing?" Brayden asks. Probably his brotherly instincts kicking in.
"Mine," Logan says nonchalantly. Suddenly there is probably the loudest squeel I've ever heard cutting through the air.
"How long have you two been together? Mel, why didn't you mention you have a boyfriend and volunteer to go out with Jayden during your relationship? Wh-" We cut her off together.
"We aren't together."
"Yeah, they've been like this since like preschool, but it was never this bad." Bae pipes up. "I seriously don't know why they aren't together."
"Me too," Logan whispers in my ear. I smile.
"Melody!" I hear Jayden call, as he runs toward us. "We still on for that date tomorrow?" Logan's grip on me tightens. "Oh, didn't know you are dating someone. I'm sorry," he says sheepishly.
"Were not dating and I have to take a rain check. Maybe next week?" I ask, thinking of my brothers visit.
"Okay."
"Why do you need a rain check?" Hunter asks me curiously.
"My brother's visiting."
"So? Your brother wouldn't care," Bae asks really confused at my behaviour.
"She doesn't want to waist time with her brother, okay?" Logan challenges everyone as I look at the ground. He has always understood me and my brothers bound, so when I heard the news he was really understanding.
"Logan, they should know."
"You sure Ody?" He asks not very sure.
"Yeah but can we sit down?" He nods and pulls me into his lap, knowing it would help calm me. "My brother just got diagnosed with lung cancer. He probably won't live to the end of the year." When I finish explaining the phone call I'm crying, Bae's crying, Hannah's crying, and Hunter and Brayden are just shaking their heads and saying something like I'm  sorry'.  They all hug me and Logan keeps playing with my fingers.

- _- LINEBREAK- _-
    \                         /
      \                     /
        \                 /
          \             /
            \         /
              \     /
                \ /
It turns out that Logan and I got all of the same classes, so I show him where they all are. He never stops playing with my fingers the entire day, not even while eating.
"Hey Logan?" I ask as we walk toward my car at the end of the day.
"Yeah Ody?"
"I'm sorry for complaining so much yesterday. I shouldn't have made everything about me," he stop me and holds my face in his hands, running circles on my cheek.
"For me Ody, everything is always about you," I can't speak. I subconsiosly lean toward him and he leans in too, letting his hands drop to my waist. As out lips are about to touch my phone rings.
"Crap," I say as I pull away and look at my phone and see my brothers caller I'D.
"Hello bro?"
"Hey Mel, I just wanted to say I just left the airport."
"Really? I'll be home as soon as I can then!" I smile and hang up. "Kye's on his way home!" I smile.
"That's great!" Logan smiles and kisses my cheek. That's what I love about me and Logan, we can almost kiss and still not make it awkward and it's not that weird for us. We've almost kissed like 40 time since we met. He grabs my hand and pulls me to the car.

I sit in the living room, waiting for Kye to get home when my phone rings.
"Hello?"
"Is this Kyle's sister?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry to inform you that your brother was in a car accident and is currently dieing. Can you get here as soon as possible?" With those words my world officially break.
- _- _- _- _- _- _-
Hey fluffie!! How's it going?