Chapter 17

Melody's POV W
"I need to go to the bathroom," I say and leave in the direction of the bathrooms. When I walk back out Bae's no where in sight so I call her cell.
"Hello you have reache-," I cut the machine off. I run to where the guys are.
"Hey is Bae with you?" All of them shake their heads.
"Why?"
"She's missing." Brayden wipe out his phone to call her and gets the answering machine too. "I just went to the bathroom and I left her there by herself and- and," I breakdown. Logan doesn't try to help me. I just sob.
"How do you know that she's gone?" Brayden asks, starting to panic.
"We made a 0act when we were three that we would never leave our spots if the other one was just getting good food or going to the bathroom," I cry a little more.
"WHY did you leave her there Mel? You know she was almost kidnapped before, so why did you leave her alone?" Brayden was ragging now. Before I know what's happening there's a fist in my gut. I double over at the pain, but dont stop him. I think the others are in shock or agree with Brayden because no one stops him. By the time he's done I'm covered in bruises.
"I don't know," is all I can choke out.
Brayden calls the cops and then drives us all home. I hide in my room for the rest of the day. My parents knock a couple times, but never make me come out. I'm left alone to wallow in my own pain. Bae wouldn't want this, but I can't make myself move. I can just cry and think it was my fault for leaving her.
- _- LIIIINNEBREEEAAAK- _-
Today I have horrible school, so I get up and grab my most comfortable out for. I don't bother touching my hair, so it stays in a messy bun. I throw on TOP sweats and a tank top. I grab my brothers old black jacket and his sunglasses with beat headphones so I can listen to TOP all day.

 I grab my brothers old black jacket and his sunglasses with beat headphones so I can listen to TOP all day

I pull the hood over my head and walk to my Impala. I don't deserve this car. I don't deserve to be fine while for all I know Bae could be dead. I get to school and go straight to class. The teachers don't bother me because I have straight As and I'm still taking notes. After school I see Jayden running up to me.
"Hey, can you help me study tomorrow?"
"Sure, whatever."
"Thanks, I'll meet you at your house at like 5?"
"Yeah," I mutter back. I grab my skateboard from my trunk and push off. I head toward the park and I feel years in my eyes. I skate past where my dad died, where my brother died, and where I met Bae. I soon feel a panic attack coming, but instead of taking a pill or leaving I just continue skating. Soon I litteraly can't breathe so I stop. I walk toward my house and try to calm down. By the time I reach my room I can breathe again.
"Hey Mel, do you want to eat? You haven't eaten since Sunday morning! What's wrong?" My mother asks.
"What isn't?" I say back.
"Ody, you used to eat every hour and now you haven't eaten for 2 days." I can tell she's worried. "And why has Logan barely talked to you lately?"
"Don't call me Ody! Everyone who has earned the right to call me that is gone. They all left me. Logan hates me, Bae was kidnapped because of me, Kye's dead, Dad's dead, and you haven't been there for me at all! So just leave me alone!" I plead. She just stares at me though.
"Oh Mel," she whispers befor I slam the door. I crank up my headphones. The next day I repeat the same process except this time at 5 óclock I get a knock on my door and Jayden walks in.
"Hey Ody!" He smiles at me.
"Don't you dare call me that."
"WHY? Do you not like it?"
"No, I do not. So what are we studying?" I ask eager to change the topic.
"Science." I pull out my textbook and I'm about to start quoting him when he asks a question. "Why haven't you killed yourself yet?" I'm taken back.
"W- what?"
"You heard me. I mean, your best friend is gone because of you, your brother died because he was coming to visit you, Logan has barely talked to you for days now, your dad died trying to pick you up from the park, and your mom doesn't give a dann about you." He concludes.
"How do you know about that?" I ask, startled.
"Doesn't matter." I think about it for a little bit.
"I don't know. I just know Bae wouldn't want me to."
"What if I told you she really doesn't care? What if I told you she left because she couldn't stand you anymore, what if I told you she has hated you since you guys met." He looks at me dead in the eyes.
"I would say you're crazy."
"Maybe so, but I can assure you that she's not coming back."
"W- what?" I stumble on my words again.
"So just do it. Kill yourself. It'd be better for all of us." He looks down at his textbook like he didn't just tell me that I should commit suicide. Right then my door is swung open and I see a fuming Logan, fists clenched, and jaw tight.
"What is he doing here Melody?" Everything got hit me so quick. I look between the two of them. Jayden still looking through his textbook and Logan is glaring intentaly at Jayden. "I said what is he doing here?" Logan yelled at me. It's then I notice I'm crying.
"Studying," Jayden replies. I stare at the two. "Oh and Ody-" he didn't finish his statement because Logan had already punched him.
"Don't call her Ody!" Logan growled.
"I- wha- ho- ca- I wish Bae was here! He's right! It's my fault and everyone hates me! The few people that did like me for me are gone, dead, or hate me now! Why don't I-" Logan cut my sobbing off.
"Melody, sit on the bed and shut the duck up." I look at him and try to stop sobbing. Logan punches and punches until I start feeling really bad for Jayden.
"Logan, he's had enough!" I try to get Logan to back away from Jayden.
"No he hasn't Melody! He almost got you to ducking kill yourself! He'll never have enough!" Logan screams back. I mentally thank my parents for not being home. I look down at my hand that are being soaked in my tears. Logan gets off Jayden, hugs me, and burries his head in my hair. "I don't know what I would do without you Melody." He whispers.
"Stop calling me Melody. Please. Call me Ody again. I need to hear it to make sure I don't go insane."
"Alright Ody," I can't help it anymore. I lean up and kiss him. He's startled for a moment, but he soon kisses back. When we pull away he looks down. "I guess that was a mother just in the moment thing o-" I cut him off with another kiss. "Please cut me off a lot more." He smiles with his forehead against mine. He's now kneeling in between my legs with my hands on the back of his neck. His hands are snaked around my waist. I hear a groan come from behind Logan and remember Jayden. That makes me groan. Logan gets up and grabs Jaydens almost limp body. "What should we do with this?"
"I don't know. Give him to Brayden to be his personal punching bag or something." Logan chuckles.
"I'll drive him home, then I'll tell his mom that he got a concussion and was in a fight so he might wake up thinking some random thoughts."
"Sounds good."
"Hey Ody?"
"Yeah?"
"Did you really think I hated you?"
I think for a moment. "I thought there was a big possibility."
"I could never ever hate you Ody, please remember that."
I smile. "I will."