"Just mindless animal sex."

ELLIE   

I should not be doing this. I should not be doing this. I flick my fag out the window and begin making the bed that got messed up when Zayn and I… you know. This is so wrong.

How have I ended up getting myself involved? Zayn is in a relationship and he is very happy. Isn’t he? Would he really be doing this with me if he was 100% happy? I shake my head violently to get the thoughts of him out of my mind.

He’s amazing though, Sex with Zayn is just so aggressive. There are no feelings involved, none of the lovey dovey shit that I just can’t stand. I don’t have to cuddle him after, or spoon, or gaze into each others eyes lovingly.

Perfect for a fling.

No. I have to get these thoughts out my head. Nothing else can happen with Zayn, how will I sleep at night? How would I feel if my boyfriend was playing away? I need to stop this. 

I hear a tapping on the door and make my way down stairs. Zayn obviously forgot something. I could tell him now that nothing will happen between us again and that he needs to be faithful to Perrie. 

“Hey girl!” Oh. Jasmine. “Whoa, what’s going on with you?” She laughs. “You look like…”

“Jaz, don’t start.” I stand aside so she can walk in and I shut the door behind her.

“Oh my god!” She shrieks.

“Shut up!” I snap.

“He’s here, isn’t he?” She says in a stage whisper.

“No! Of course not.”

“Well he’s just left then.” Jaz marches straight into the kitchen and picks up the two empty glasses of wine. “Hmm, I might use the DNA samples to find out who it is.” She laughs. I grab them off her and rinse them under the water.

“Why are you here?” I ask, trying not to sound rude. If she turned up just five minutes earlier there would have been a very awkward run in.

“I need your help changing my break light on my car. So I thought we could have a few glasses of wine and a laugh trying to sort my car out trying not to break a nail!”

I smile at my dear friend. “That sounds lovely.”

*                             

“So take the screw driver and undo this screw.” Jasmine instructs as she tries her best at reading the manual. This was now our third attempt to get into the casing to change the light bulb. “I need a screw after all this.” We both begin cracking up laughing causing Jasmine to choke on the fag hanging out her mouth.

“Jasmine, just look at you.” She looks a picture; Sunglasses sit wonky on her face, a cigarette glued to her lips, her dark hair hanging over her face. I can’t resist the urge to snap a photo on my iPhone.