Waking Up and Starting Over (Scorbus)

Scorpius' P.O.V

Very slowly, I let my eyes open and turned to my boyfriend. He and I had gotten into a fight the night prior. He must have come to bed after coming home but didn't want to sleep on the couch. The fight was over something really dumb and it was all my fault.

Albus came home from work and I got a whiff of strong perfume.

"Albus? What is that scent?" I asked and he gave me a look.

"What?" He asked.

"You smell like perfume." I told him and leaned in closer. "Who were you with?"

"I was at work." He told me. "It must be the women there."

"You're cheating on me." I told him and his eyes widened.

"What?" He asked. "How could you think that?"
"Um maybe because you're bisexual and smell like perfume."
"Scorpius, we've been together for six years, why the hell would I cheat on you?" He growled.

"I don't know! You want someone new?!" I yelled.

"I think I'm smart enough to hide something like that from you if I were cheating on you. But I'm not."
"The scent is strong. Like someone was rubbing up against you."
"How would you even know that?"

"Just tell me. I won't be mad. Admit you're cheating on me."

"I won't because I am not." He shouted. "Merlin Malfoy, I just got home and you're already starting with me. Let me get in the door first next time." He rolled his eyes and went to the fridge.

"Just admit it!" I screamed. "And you were late coming home! What does that look like to you?" He turned around and his eyes were hard.

"Fuck fine. You wanna know why I was late and why I smell like perfume?" He yelled. He pulled something out of his coat pocket. "Here, you ruined it anyway." He told me and tossed the box to me. With my heart hammering, I opened it and sure enough, it was an engagement ring. I gasped and looked up but he was gone. "Albus?"

"I'm going out." He yelled from the door and I heard it close.

I had eaten by myself and went to bed. I tried to wait up for him but I grew tired and ended up falling asleep.

"Albus?" I whispered. He turned on his side and looked at me. His green eyes dull from just waking up. "I'm sorry." I told him and he smiled sleepily.

"I am too." He told me and then I rolled closer to him. I pressed my lips to his.

"My answer is yes." I told him and he groaned.

"Hold on." He said and rolled out of bed. He grabbed the ring from the table it was on and then got on one knee on the floor next to me. "Scorpius Malfoy, will you do me the pleasure of becoming of my one and only?" He asked and I smiled.

"Yes." I answered and he smiled. He stood up and slipped the ring on my finger. He kissed my lips and then got into bed with me.

"Let's tell people I asked you as soon as you woke up instead of me throwing it at you." He said and I chuckled.
"It's a deal."