Reliving Moments and Not Wanting To (Drarry)

Trigger Warning- Suicide Attempt 

Draco's P.O.V

Sixth year. It was a big year for not only me but the death eaters as well. Everything depended on me and it scared the hell out of me. At least I had my prefect duties to allow to wander the halls and mull things over. I found myself at the Astronomy Tower and I was just about to enjoy the fresh air when something I spotted made me stop.

"Potter?" I whispered out of shock. There Harry Potter was, standing at the edge of the tower looking down. He didn't turn but started talking.

"Leave it to you to be the one to find me." He spoke brokenly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Get away from the edge."

"I need to be near the edge to jump Malfoy." He spat.

"You're gonna jump?" I yelled. "Why would you do that?!" I shouted and that's when he turned. His eyes were bloodshot and tears drenched his face.

"It's better off this way Malfoy. I kill everyone I love, it's not fair. Not to them. I got my boyfriend killed and Sirius, it can't deal with this pain anymore."

"Boyfriend?" I whispered.

"Cedric Diggory. We were together for almost a year..." He trailed and then let out a sob. "Why am I telling you this?"

"Because someone needs to know why you did it." I told him. His bottom lip quivered and I knew that I couldn't let him do it. As much as I thought about doing it myself, watching someone so broken in front of me changed my views immediately.

"Come here." I told him.

"I can't."

"Yes you can. You don't want to do it, I know you don't. You're scared and right now I know you're not thinking rationally."

"Why do you care about me Malfoy?" He asked.

"Because you need someone to care about you Harry." I told him and he closed his eyes. He sniffled harshly and then nodded. He moved away from the edge and I brought him into my arms. "We'll protect each other, I promise you that."

I woke up quickly and I let out a dry sob. That was possibly the worst and best day of my life. I almost watched the boy I came to love die but we ended up together in the end,

"It's okay Draco. It's okay." Harry told me. He sat up, careful of his bump, and rested against the headboard. "Did you relive it again?"

"I was so scared." I told him. "I-I could have lost you that day. The dark lord could have taken over and-" Harry shushed me and pulled me into a hug. I snuggled into his shoulder and let his heart beat lull me. I looked down at his belly that was swollen with my baby. He saw this and placed his hand on mine then on his bump.

"Do you remember that promise we made?" He asked me and I nodded. "Well now we can protect him." And a little nudge hit our hands and I smiled.

"I'll protect you until the day I die." I told him and kissed him.

"And I you." He promised. The decision we made that day on the Astronomy tower was the best we could have made.