The Only Thing I Have Left

Frodo and Sam were sitting in the kitchen enjoying a hot cup of tea and some seed cakes. I was fast asleep in bed. I could faintly hear Frodo and Sam talking in the kitchen.
"Where's Ms. Brianna?", Sam asked Frodo. He took a sip of tea from his teacup. "She's fast asleep.", Frodo told him. Sam grinned at Frodo. "You know,that was very kind of you to take her in. How did you find her?"
Frodo let out a soft sigh. He clutched his teacup firmly in his hands. "One night, I was passing through the Eastfarthing woods. I found her lying on the ground. She had been badly injured. I brought her over to Bag End and tended to her wounds. A few days after I found her, she got up from her bed and she was still very sore. She tripped and fell on the floor. It broke my heart. I didn't know what to do. She had no home. I had to make a tough decision."
"You adopted her.", added Sam. "I adopted her out of pity, Sam.", replied Frodo. "She's the only thing I have left." After I heard Frodo say that I was the only thing that he had left, a sad feeling filled my heart. I got up from my bed and left my bedroom.
"You did the right thing, Mr. Frodo.", replied Sam. He took another sip of his tea and munched on his seed cake. "I know I did.", mumbled Frodo.
As I was walking down a hallway, towards the kitchen, Frodo and Sam had heard me coming. When I made it to the kitchen, Frodo and Sam stopped sipping at their tea and they stared at me. Frodo's blue eyes were twinkling and they were full of emotion. We looked at each other in silence.
Frodo turned his gaze over at Sam. Frodo didn't know what to do. Sam smiled and looked right back at me. "I'm so sorry, Ms. Brianna.", he whispered, softly. "Did we disturb you?"
"Why are you not in your room, sleeping, dear?", Frodo asked, in a quiet voice.
"I couldn't sleep. I could hear you and Sam talking about me. Weren't you?" Sam and Frodo sighed, loudly. "Yes, we were.", replied Frodo. "What did you say about me?", I asked, Frodo. Frodo knew that he could never lie to me. He spoke in a calm, reassuring voice. "I was talking about how...how much I love you. How much I care about you. You know that I do, right?" I nodded my head in response to Frodo. "I know.", I replied.
Sam smiled. "You're very lucky.", he told me. "To have a father like Mr. Frodo." I smiled back at Sam. "I am pretty lucky. I don't know what I would do without him." Frodo asked me to join him at the table and he asked me to sit down beside him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on my right temple.
"Come on, dear. Let's get you back to bed. You look awfully tired." Sam nodded his head. "Mr. Frodo's right. You should get some sleep. Anyway, I have to leave. It's getting pretty late and my Old Gaffer will start worryin' about me. Thanks for the tea, Mr. Frodo. Goodnight."
"Goodnight, Sam.", Frodo grinned. Sam patted my head and let out a soft chuckle. After he left Bag End, Frodo clutched a candlestick that sat upon the kitchen table and I followed him to my bedroom. He set the candlestick on my nightstand and tucked me into bed.
"Frodo?" "Yes, dear?" Frodo's bright blue eyes were illuminated by the fire from the candlestick. I was transfixed by them. "Who is the Old Gaffer?", I asked him, curiously. "The Old Gaffer is Sam's father." "Is he nice?" "Of course he is."
I let out a soft yawn. Frodo yawned, as well. "Alright, dear. Time for sleep. Good night." Frodo kissed my forehead and folded my comforter around my torso. "Good night.", Frodo whispered, as he blew out the flame from the candlestick.