The Music Box

I sat alone, in my bedroom. It was late in the evening. My eyes focused on a small, wooden, music box that sat on top of my nightstand. It was a gift from Frodo. He inherited it from
his Uncle Bilbo. It was a gift from Thorin Oakenshield. The music box belonged to Fili, one of Thorin's nephews. Frodo used to play it all of the time when he first adopted me. It helped me fall asleep. As I got older, I didn't need it to fall asleep. That music box has been collecting dust for quite some time.
I got up from my bed and walked over towards my nightstand. I picked up the old music box and wiped off the dust and cobwebs that had covered it. I was mesmerized by that old wooden music box.
Just as I was about to lift the lid of the music box, Frodo had walked into my room. He saw me standing in silence. I couldn't keep my eyes off of the box. Frodo quietly walked up behind me and tapped me lightly on the shoulder. I turned around and let out a loud gasp. "Oh! Frodo! It's you! What...What a surprise!" I stuttered. I clutched onto the music box behind my back, hiding it from Frodo.
"What...What are you doing here?"
"I just thought that I'd come and check up on you." Frodo thought that I was acting very unusual. A surprised expression grew on his face. He peered over my shoulder. "What's that?" "What's what?" "What are you hiding behind your back?" "Uh, Nothing. It's nothing." I stuttered. "Nothing at all. I'm not....hiding anything."
"Yes, you are." Frodo chuckled. "Come on, dear. Let me see." I let out a long sigh. I couldn't keep it in any longer. "Alright, alright. I'll...I'll...show you." I hesitantly brought out the old, wooden music box. Frodo fixated his gaze on the box, then back on me. "Isn't that the music box that I gave you when you were younger?" "Yes. It is." "You've kept it...all this long?" I nodded my head.
A wide smile quickly grew on Frodo's face. "I don't know what to say." I carefully handed the music box over to Frodo. "It's been a long time since it's been opened." I said, in a low voice. Frodo's eyes sparkled brightly. "I was wondering if maybe you could play it before I fall asleep? I hope I'm not sounding childish or anything."
Frodo shook his head. "No, no, no. I'd be more than happy to play it for you." he said, softly. Frodo and I walked over to my bed. I sat down on the mattress, lifted my legs onto it and completely covered myself in the gentle, cotton sheets. Frodo lifted my duvet overtop of me. He set the music box down onto my nightstand and slowly opened the lid. A chiming melody began to play. Frodo sang along harmoniously with the music.
"Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long forgotten gold
The pines were roaring on the heights
The wind were moaning in the night
The fire was red, it flaming spread
The trees like torches blazed with light."

I slowly closed my eyes. I became mesmerized by the sound of Frodo's voice. My mind was filled with wonder. Frodo leaned close to me and kissed me tenderly on the cheek. "Good night, my darling. Sleep well." he crooned.