"that i really wanna kiss you right now"

THE DAY WENT by quick; the duo walked home together like usual

THE DAY WENT by quick; the duo walked home together like usual. It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon, no crime had been committed and their walk home seemed easy. Neither of them were ready for the rathe of their guardians when they got inside their homes. Before they parted, they gave each other a mumbled 'good luck' and a hug. As they walked through their doors, both of them turned around at each other, smiled and walked in their own houses. When she got in, (Y/N) daren't call out like she normally would. Even though her grandma would be asleep, she didn't want to invite her into anything. Since she'd never been in trouble before, the fear of what her grandmother would say flooded inside of her. Opening the fridge had never sounded louder.

"(Y/N), dear, is that you?" Elizabeth called throughout their apartment.

"Yeh?" (Y/N) winced at what was yet to come.

"Could you come here, please?"

"Yeh" she sighed, closed the fridge and slumped over to the living room.

"Sit down sweetheart. I bet you know what this is about, huh?"

"Yeh, and look, grandma, before you punish me I just wanna say I'm sorry and I deserve everything you throw at me. Well, not literally throw but any punishment because I deserve it for leaving school and ditching with Peter. I'm so sorry, gran. I know it goes against your morals and everything and I'm extremely sorry for it all" (Y/N) rambled on.

"Sweetheart, I know you always mean well. I'm not going to punish you, I just want to make sure you don't do it again, OK?"

"OK. Thanks, gran" she smiled at the woman in front of her - the women she looked up to.

"But why did you really leave? You've been revising all week for this exam, and you throw it away to hang out with a boy! What's gotten into you?"

A frown appeared on her face; apart from the fact that she wanted to know what he was doing, why did she go? "Honestly, gran, I don't know why. I think it's because he's my best friend and I care about him and I'm not sure we left, I just wanted to get away. I forgot all about the test" she lied. She hated that. Her stomach turned as she kept spiralling and twisting the truth.

"OK, sweetheart. Don't worry about it, just do your punishment and ace that test" Elizabeth smiled.

"I will" (Y/N) smiled back. She immediately got up and walked out the room. Her shoes were thrown off and, as she walked upstairs, a small "I'm sorry" escaped her lips as tears threatened to fall.

***

A muffled buzz sounded around (Y/N)'s ear. The sound was recognisable as it was Peter ring. Her tired hand slowly reached to her phone; the blinding light was a shock to her sleepy eyes. She saw a text from Peter asking about what had happened with her grandma over the ditching school incident. She unlocked her phone and replied,