"now, whats troubling your beautiful mind?"

"SO, THERE'S THE happy couple" Ned smiled as Peter and (Y/N) walked towards him, hand in hand

"SO, THERE'S THE happy couple" Ned smiled as Peter and (Y/N) walked towards him, hand in hand. (Y/N) hid her smile and blushing face by looking down as Peter turned a dark red.

"Not gonna lie, I honestly thought you were dead. You're never late, unless..."

"Ned, stop. We didn't do that, okay?" Ned gave Peter a questioning look when he said that. Peter's eyes rolled as he huffed in frustration.

"Ned, seriously. Don't start that, and we didn't do anything like that. I woke up late because I was up in the night and Peter waited for me"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry" Ned apologised just as the bell rang. He slammed his locker door closed as they set off for chemistry. Ned waved bye to them as they stepped into their classroom; he continued down the hall to his. They made their way to their seats next to each other on the third row back. (Y/N) pulled out her textbooks as Peter did the same, pulling out his phone at the same time.

"Waiting for an important text?" She whispered, leaning closer to Peter, resting her head on his bicep.

"Not really, just waiting-"

"For Mr Stark to ask you on another internship, leaving me and Ned in Queens while you try to get your suit back?" She answered for him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"No, I just-"

"Pete, I don't care" she moved away from him as the bell went. "I'm proud of your internship." Mrs Goldburg welcomed the class and began to talk about the atomic theory.

Peter's mind was elsewhere, while (Y/N) listened intently, coping note after note. She accidentally knocked Peter while she wrote, snapping him out of his daydream. He looked over at her, thinking it was on purpose as she looked at him as well, flashing a small smile. He replied with a smile and turned back towards the front, falling back into his dream. (Y/N) continued writing her notes, looking up at the board every so often.

The bell brought Peter back out of his daydream. Before he even began packing away his books, almost everyone had left the room. (Y/N) sat and waited for him, swinging her legs back and forth to occupy herself. He stood up and began to walk out, (Y/N) had to catch up with him.

"Pete!" She called out, wondering why he'd gone off like that. "Wait!" Peter stopped abruptly in front of her, making her run into his back, a huff escaping her lips.

"What's the matter?" She walked around his side to face him. "Pete," her hands raised to his face. "What's up?" She stepped closer to him as people weaved in and out of one another, making their way to their classes.

"Nothing"

"Peter, that face is not nothing"

"I don't like you calling me Peter"

"I'll call you that until I get a straight answer out of you, Peter"

"Please, stop" he choked out, his eyes adverting downwards.