"because youre making me nervous"

(Y/N)'S ALARM BLARED at 06:30

(Y/N)'S ALARM BLARED at 06:30. Her eye slowly opened to the sunlight flowing into her bedroom. Her hands rubbed her eyes as she begun to slowly wake up. She swung her legs over the side of her bed after pulling back her white covers. Before doing anything, she checked her phone. There was nothing from Peter, only missed calls from May. Tears began in her eyes when she realised what had happened the previous day.

(Y/N) opened the door to her room, walking through the hallway, down the stairs and through to the kitchen. She grabbed some bread, put it in the toaster then got the butter out of the refrigerator, pulled out a plate from a draw and waited for the ping. When her toast was finished, she buttered it, ate it and cleared away. She chugged a glass of water and made her way back upstairs.

She opened her closet doors when she got back into the room and found a casual outfit. Then, she made her way into her bathroom, cleaned her face and brushed her teeth. She put no makeup on, wishing to make no effort that day, and put her hair in a simple ponytail. After she was finished, (Y/N) made her way to her desk, grabbed her school supplies, packed her bag and made her way downstairs again.

When she got down, she checked the house for the lights and made sure the windows were locked. After that, she left her apartment, locking the door after herself. Soon after, she heard May's door open.

"(Y/N)?" May called. Oh, no, she thought. (Y/N) quickly walked away from her apartment leaving behind May shouting her name.

Once (Y/N) arrived in school, the first person who spoke to her was Ned. She wanted to ignore as many people as possible that day, but Ned approached her before she could move away.

"Hi, (Y/N). How you doing? Where's Peter?" Ned asked quickly.

"I don't know, Ned" she looked at the ground.

"Er, yes you do"

"No I don't"

"Yes, you do"

"No, I don't"

"Then why are you looking at the ground and twiddling your thumbs?"

"Because you're making me nervous" she snapped back.

"Whoa, okay. I'm sorry" Ned raised his hands as (Y/N) pushed past him and let herself be taken by the crowded hallway. She made a diversion into a bathroom as quickly as possible. Her feet took her into an unoccupied stall and past two other girls who were in there. Soon after, the bell rang. Footsteps left the bathroom and (Y/N) was all alone. The tears that had built up started to fall, only a sniffle could be heard from her.

When the second bell went, the lock turned on the bathroom stall. (Y/N) walked out and looked in the mirror. Her bloodshot eyes looked back at her as she wiped away the stains on her cheeks. As she left the bathroom, she saw one last person walk into a classroom. (Y/N) left the bathroom fully and began to walk to her classroom, leaving some of her sorrows in the bathroom.

***

At 15:02, the bell went. (Y/N) raced out of her classroom, ahead of many people - Ned being one of them. She heard Ned's calls from a distance, but didn't stop to listen, letting herself get lost in the hundreds of people around her.

When she got back to the apartment complex, and got to her floor, she once again heard May's calls from her apartment door.

"(Y/N)!" She walked up to her. "I've been trying to call you all day"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My phone's dead"

"It's okay, I've got you now. Do you know where Peter is? He didn't turn up last night or this morning. I was hoping you would know something, anything"

"No, I'm sorry. I haven't heard from him since last night, when he picked up his phone"

"When was that?"

"I can't remember. He left after I shouted at him. I don't blame him, honestly." By now, (Y/N) and May had gone into (Y/N)'s apartment and were sat down at her kitchen table.

"Why? What happened?"

"Well, erm," she sniffled. "Something happene-my grandma. She died, in- in a fire yesterday, and I got mad at Pete for it and-it wasn't his fault"

"Oh, my goodness, (Y/N). I am so sorry" May stood and hugged her.

"It's okay. I just-I just lashed out at him and I feel awful"

"Well, I think he does too. He's never run away, but he's always upset after he has a conflict with you and I think he's really upset this time. You have to call him"

"I-I can't. He probably hates me" she frowned.

"If there's one thing I know in this world is that Peter could never hate you. He loves you too much to even feel like that towards you"

"Really?"

"Really. He truly loves you, I promise"

"Thanks, May. I just feel awful" (Y/N) sighed, tears glossing over her eyes.

"I know you do, sweetheart. And all I ask you to do is call him - bring him home"

"I'll try, May. I'll try" she managed to put a smile on her face.

"Thank you, I'll try as well, but keep trying until you reach him. I've had no luck"

"It's okay" she and May stood up. (Y/N) followed May out, but stopped at the door.

"I hope you're okay, sweetheart. I'll always be right across the hall if you need me, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks again, May. For everything"

"It's okay. I must be going now. Remember, call Peter, please"

"I will. Bye, May" she gave her a small smile again.

"Bye, (Y/N)" May returned the smile and left (Y/N)'s doorway, walking across the hall and going into her own apartment.

(Y/N) closed the door and turned around, leaning against it. Her knees bent and her back slide down the smooth wood. A sigh left her lips and she closed her eyes, a tear falling as she opened them. She picked herself up and ran up the stairs into her bedroom, slamming the door after her.

She changed into some pyjamas, pulled back her cover, slid into her bed and grabbed her phone. She turned her phone on and clicked the phone app. Her finger hovered over Peter's number, her number one favourite contact. She couldn't bring herself to click it and went off the app.

An image of her and Peter laughing filled her home screen. A smile worked it's way onto her lips. May's words repeated in her head before she opened the app again. This time, she clicked Peter's contact.

The familiar ring sung into her ears.

"Hello?" Peter's voice emerged from the phone

"Hi"