"thats me and peter. hes my best friend"

TINY WATER DROPLETS fell from (Y/N)'s hair, cascading onto her back, sending a chill down her spine every so often

TINY WATER DROPLETS fell from (Y/N)'s hair, cascading onto her back, sending a chill down her spine every so often. The individual was dressed in sweatpants and a sports bra, her feet were in grey, higher-than-ankle slippers and her eyes were scanning over the Queens skyline out of her bedroom window in her shared apartment. Her mind was going over multiple equations - she was trying to remember as many things as possible before her algebra test on Monday. (Y/N)'s feet dragged her away from the window when she heard the door become unlocked and opened.

"(Y/N), dear, I'm home!" Her grandma called from the front door, her hands filled with plastic shopping bags all with groceries in.

"I'm coming, grandma!" (Y/N) called back, her feet rushing down the stairs.

"Thank you darling," her grandma cooed as she started unpacking the bags, "have you seen the people who've moved in down the hall? There's a sweet young man and his aunt. I was talking to her and she was so kind to me"

"Grandma," (Y/N) started, "you know them. That's Peter and his aunt May. They've lived here longer than we have." She pulled out her phone from her pocket, turned it on and showed her grandma her lock screen. "See. That's me and Peter. He's my best friend"

"Oh, yes," Elizabeth, her grandma, remembered while placing the pasta in the fridge, "Peter's a lovely boy."

"Yeah, he is," (Y/N) muttered under her breath while she took the pasta out the fridge and put it in the cupboard, "grandma, why don't you go and sit down. I'll put everything else away."

"Are you sure, sweetheart?"

"Yes. Yes, I am sure. Just rest, okay?"

"I will do. Thank you darling." Her grandma slipped off her shoes and changed into her slippers. As she made her way into the living room, (Y/N) watched her then began to unpack and put the groceries away.

After she had finished, (Y/N) walked into the living room, like her grandma did previously, and fell onto the couch. Her grandmother was watching the news while (Y/N)'s eyes slowly started to flutter close. But shortly, her eyes shot open when she heard the presenter say,

"...and onto our next story; is Spiderman the hero New York needs? Or is he the vigilante we need to get rid of?" She immediately stood up and left the room; her friends had constantly been talking about him, about how brave he is, how he looks underneath the mask, who he is, if they know him or not. It was making (Y/N) feel sick. She went to her room, closed the door and laid on her bed.

As if on cue, moments later she heard the door bell ring, the door then open and muffled chatter. Her body shot up as she heard footsteps up the stairs. She immediately ran to the door and opened it, knowing Peter, her best friend, was behind it. As the door opened towards (Y/N), Peter's face emerged, looking as goofy as ever as he pulled his signature 'monkey' face. (Y/N) returned the face as she blew up her cheeks, tightly shut her eyes and pulled her ears either way. The pair fell apart in fits of laughter as Peter shuffled into her room and collapsed onto her sofa as (Y/N) lit her snowflake cookie scented candle. She then hopped onto her bed, pulled the white sheets further over her body, and sighed in content at the warmth from the sheet.

Her eyes shifted from the door onto Peter. His head was resting on the arm of her sofa, facing the ceiling, and his body was spread across the entire sofa. He had his favourite pizza shirt on with his blue jacket, black socks and black jeans. His hair was a brown mess as his hand ran through it, moving his soft locks side to side, a chocolate river flowing.

His head slowly lifted up from the sofa arm as his body spun round to face (Y/N)'s bed, her body still wrapped in the sheets. The silence was broken when Peter perked up, just after he finished getting up from his sofa crease.

"What do you wanna do today then?" His soft voice flew through the air and into (Y/N)'s ears.

"I don't mind, what've you got planned?" She asked while watching the corners of Peter's lips raise towards his eyes, "what are you planning Parker?"

"Oh, I don't know," he sighed, "maybe an adventure?" He wondered, his hand stroking his chin on his freshly shaved baby face. (Y/N)'s eyes lit up as she jumped out of bed. She ran towards her walk-in wardrobe, closed the doors and appeared a few minutes later dressed appropriately for Queens weather at winter (minus the coat, hat, gloves and scarf). Her hand flew up to her hair and realisation covered her face as her natural curls were drying quickly.

"Oh, my God," she gasped, "I'm dressed, but my hair's a mess!" She turned to Peter and his faced turned shocked. He knew she acted dramatically when it came to her natural hair. She hated it. The way it turned more curly the more it dried. Her straighteners were dead after a year or two of her straightening it everyday.

"Oh, my God. My hair's wet and going curly, I haven't done my makeup, I need to dry and straighten my hair. I have no time!" (Y/N) gasped as her best friend watched on in laughter. (Y/N) rushed around finding her flat iron and her hair drier. She sat at her desk and did her makeup after drying her mane of hair. Peter watched in amazement as she continued to work wonders on her face.

He was used to her not being ready whenever he came around. He would make plans for the two of them to go out together but always planned it for a later time so (Y/N) could get ready. Once her makeup was done, she started combing through the her hair and began straightening out her natural curls. While she pulled down her hair, Peter was laid on her bed. His phone in his hands while he scrolled through Twitter. The smell of Christmas lingered in the air as well as the smell of heat onto (Y/N)'s hair. After she had finished, she switched off the flat iron and let it cool. Peter leaped up after hearing the familiar click of the switch, and went to the door.

"You finished?" He questioned as (Y/N) packed away her make up brushes.

"One minute, Pete. Gosh, you're too excited today" she joked.

"I know, I've got something amazing planned," his smirk grew as she finished packing things away, "you done now?"

"Yes, chill out" she chuckled as she walked over to the door. Peter, being the gentleman he was, opened it for her and let her out first. The two of them walked down the stairs towards the kitchen, but popped into the living room to inform her grandma of their plans.

"Yes, yes, of course. Go, have fun, be safe though dear!" Her grandma called after them as they made their way to the front door to retrieve their shoes and coats. (Y/N) called goodbye one more final time before they left the door, remembering to lock it after themselves.

The weather was cool, chilly almost. The pair walked down Austin Street, passing shop after shop. The muffled chatter of people walking by filled their ears as well as the sound of cars and traffic further down the road. Their walk towards MacDonald park was filled with silence between the two, but background noise filled it up. They passed faces they'd seen before, market stalls they'd seen before, shops they'd seen before. They passed restaurants they'd eaten in before, crossed roads they'd crossed before, entered MacDonald park like they'd entered before.

"So, you said it was an adventure, and you've brought me to a place we always come?"

"Well yeah," Peter started, "but I have a reason"

"Which is?"

"The surprise is tomorrow, and today I didn't know what to do so I brought you here"

"Wow Pete, I genuinely thought that you had something planned" she chuckled as his lips started to curl slightly.

"Well, erm, I do but it's...it's like not for a Saturday, more for a Sunday night"

"How can a surprise be more for another day? How does that work?" (Y/N) burst out laughing at her friend's wording. "How about we get fro-yo and forget about this?" She suggested with still slightly smiling.

"Yeah sure," he agreed, "good idea."

--------------------
that awkward moment when you have to add a capital letter when writing Pete bc it doesn't autocorrect when you type it