Chapter 9 - Drunken Stupor

Two weeks of pure hell. Two weeks of watching Niall take three bites and pushing away the plate. Two weeks of holding myself and taking Benadryl just to go to sleep. Two weeks of watching Paul and the guys slip it in Niall's drink just to get him to sleep. Two weeks of ignoring Zayn. Two weeks of going to Louis' room to talk and have him get Harry so they can both cuddle me and put me to sleep at night.

But mainly, two weeks of packing.

I smile weakly, crossing my arms as the guys say good bye to Eleanor, Danielle, Payton, Perrie, Amy, and Eryn. Amy and Eryn just kinda fit into the group, ya know.

"Katie, you're turn." Louis smirks, holding his arms open. Louis has came to be like an older, more childish brother to me. I smile, stepping into his arms.

"I'm gonna miss you, ya drama queen." I laugh.

"Ugh! Peasant!" He pulls away, crossing his arms and sticking his nose in the air.

I roll my eyes and step over to Harry. "Bye, Pervy." I smirk as he grimaces. Harry made me watch Percy Jackson with him a week ago. Now, I call him Pervy, like Percy, but more perverted.

"Good God." Harry grumbles.

I laugh, shaking my head. Next is Liam. He smiles and wraps me up in his arms. I lean up and brush my lips to his ear. "Make sure he eats." I whisper.

"Of course." Liam whispers back.

"Thank you." I pull away and look at him, holding him at arms length. "Bye, LiLi."

He groans, "I hate that name!" He whines crossing his arms.

"I know." I smirk. I look at the next person with a frown. My arms crossed over my chest. Zayn.

He sighs, rolling his eyes. "C'mon, Katie. I said I'm sorry." Sorry doesn't cut it for three weeks of living hell and more to come.

"Fine. But you better be glad that I love you since you're my cousin." I huff and give him a short hug.

Then I came to Paul. Yes Paul. I grin and hug him, whispering in his ear, "You better stock up on Benadryl."

He laughs and nods. "Okay."

When we separate, I look at Niall. He was just standing there awkwardly, staring at his feet. Tears prick my eyes as I stare at his figure.

He always kept his body lean, but with his metabolism and the amount of food he's been eating, he's gotten so thin. He didn't even try to fix his hair in that quiff because he knew that he would keep ruffling it up like he did in the car. It was a bit messy yet it made him look positively adorable. He still had the dark circles since he gets only about 13 hours a week. His eyes were still that depressed gray. I missed the bright blue they used to be. His posture was awful.

I find myself flying into his body. His warmth welcoming me. My arms wrapped around his torso. He jumps in surprise, wide eyed. He obviously didn't expect that. But he slowly returned the hug, with a small smile. The first real smile I've seen on his face for the first time in weeks. He dips his head to bury it in my neck. I felt safe again.

I don't know how long we stood there, but I know it must have been quite some time considering El, who makes a big deal about everything just like Louis, finally burst into tears and said, "I can't watch! I just can't. It's so sad! Damn you, Zayn! Damn you!" We barely acknowledged it.

I squeeze out a few tears and run my hands through his hair. His soft thick locks. I love his hair. The way that it curled to the side and swished across his forehead. I brush my lips to his ear. "Promise me. Promise me that you won't make yourself sick. Promise me that you'll eat and not a few bites. That you'll actually eat. I hate watching you do this to yourself. Please just promise me that." I whisper. He hesitates but nods against my shoulder.