Chapter 21 - Greg?

I took a sip of alcohol after running a hand through my, now, clean hair. It felt good to take a shower and shave my legs and underarms and lady places. To clean my hair.

I set the bottle down as I begin to stir the Velveeta cheese into my macaroni.

I like cheese.

My phone rings. I pull it out of the pocket of my sweats and press it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, darlin."

My face broke out into a smile.

I knew it wasn't a dream. He sent me a good morning text today. Of course it was in the afternoon but I thought it was cute that he forgot the time difference. It was sweet anyway.

"Hey, baby," I bite my lip. "Whatcha doing?"

"You know, we have an radio interview today. I think you know where I'm going," he chuckles.

"I'd love for you to tell the world about us," I giggle. And not just because I'm a little bit tipsy. "How'd you sleep?"

"For the first time on my own in a while and it was great."

I smile, "I love you," I tell him.

"I love you, too, babe."

We go on to talk about everything under the sun.

***

I got a call from an unknown number while I was watching tv.

"Hello?"

"KATIE!"

I sit up, "Greg?"

"I heard the radio interview! It's about time you two got back together. Thank you, Tyra Banks!"

I laugh, "Yeah, he called me. Something about an interview with her."

"You know... he really was a wreck without you," he informs.

"S'not like I'm any better," I sigh.

"I know... I heard. When I called Niall earlier, he told me he'd help you through it. You're going to get better."

"Sooooo, how's my little chipmunk buddy?" I grin.

He groans, "Please stop calling my son a chipmunk," he whines.

I roll my eyes. "Well you shouldn't have named him Theo," I tease.

"You know he's really attached to ya. Whenever he hears your name, he just gets the biggest smile."

I grin, "Well, I miss my little buddy."

He laughs, "Well... congratulations."

"Thank you," I tell him.