Chapter 50 - Your Ex-Boyfriend is a Serious Bad Boy

We both sat crisscross-applesauce on the bed, mirroring each other. Just as soon as we finish eating.

"Okay. First kiss?" I grin at him.

He sighs, "Okay. I hate telling people about it. It was the most nerve-racking, embarrassing moment of my life so I tell people that I don't remember. I was eleven, about to turn twelve, and it was with this foreign exchange student from France who was staying at Sean's house. And we became friends, I really started to like her. It was one week before she left to go back to France, and we were at the park. I thought, 'Okay, to hell with it. I'm going in,'" I laugh. "So I started leaning in and she just moved back, looking at me funny because I was just over here like," he puckers up. I grin, "and she laughed and said, 'What are you doing?' So I'm just stuttering like, 'I-I-I.... I don't know," I snicker. "And then she said, 'Are you trying to kiss me?' and I was blushing and then she kissed me and then said, 'Bye, Niall,'" he spoke in a terrible French accent. Twinkling his fingers as he waved. I laugh, shaking my head. "You?"

"I have one of the most embarrassing stories, but not as embarrassing as yours." He pouts, folding his arms over his chest. "Okay, I was almost thirteen years old. Jake and I were sitting in the livingroom. Dad was glaring at Jake. The phone rang and Dad said, 'Dammit,' and walked off to the kitchen. Jake looked to see if he was gone and then he grabbed my face and kissed me, and I'm just over here like, 'Oh my God, is this really happening? What if I'm a bad kisser? What if I have bad breath?' and Daddy came back and said, 'What the hell?!' And then there was a beep outside. Daddy's face just lit up and he grabbed Jake by the collar of the shirt and slung him outside and said, 'Bye, Johnston. Have an awful day.'" Niall bursts out laughing. "And I started whining like, 'Daddy! Why did you do that?!' and he was like, 'I was getting his slick fingers off of you. Yeah, that's right. I saw 'em crawling near your chest,'" I tell him as he falls back, clutching his stomach.

"Oh my God, I can't breathe!"

"It's not funny," I whine, blushing.

"It really is," he grins. I pout. "Oh, c'mere, poor baby," he coos, sitting up and draping his arms around me. I cross my arms and turn my head. His lips met my cheek before he chuckled. "You'll get over it."

"How many girls did you date before me?"

"And we're done here," he sighs, beginning to get up from the bed. I laugh and grab his arm.

"C'mon, please. I won't get mad," I tell him, pouting up at him. He rolls his eyes and sits back down. A sigh left his lips.

"Okay, there was Tiffany," he says, sticking one finger out, "Melody," he sticks out another, "You, Holly," two fingers, "and my first girlfriend, Natalie," another finger. He looks at me expectingly. My face falls.

"What, me? I can't tell you something like that!"

"What?!" he whines.

I laugh and shake my head. "There was Jake and this one guy named Nathan Harris," I shrug. He raises an eyebrow. "Nathan didn't go to my school. He went to the Westside high school. He was actually really sympathetic and sweet and stood up at my school and his for me."

"His school?"

"Shit spreads fast in NY!" I laugh humorlessly. "But man, Dad hated him," I grin.

"Really. Why would he hate someone who stood up for you?"

I dip my head, blushing, "Because he was one and a half years older than me and got in a lot of fights..... and he had a lip ring." Niall bursts out laughing once again. "Shut up! That was during the whole bad boy phase!"

An image of Nathan floats up to my mind. His cold, piercing eyes. An attractive shade of brown, a mixture in between chocolate and caramel. His black shaggy hair that hung down in front of his eyes, slightly covering the back of his neck. He had great cheekbones. His skin always had that oliver pigment. The two black rings in the left corner of his bottom lip that stood out. That one black piercing in the top of his left ear.