Chapter 38 - Margaret

Niall smirks at me as we exit the house. I blush and drop my head in shame.

"Admit it. You were practically drooling over my sexiness!" he teases. I look at him and poke out my tongue.

"You have no proof. Maybe I wasn't looking at that," I defend.

"Well, if you weren't looking at that, I can only think of one other place with your eyes so low," he states.

I gasp and look at him. "Niall!"

He chuckles and slips his arm around my shoulders. "I'm kidding, babe. Lighten up." He kisses my temple.

"Perverted bastard," I grumble. He laughs and gives me a squeeze.

"I love you," he coos as we walk down the sidewalk.

I huff, puffing out my cheeks. I cross my arms.

He grins at me. "What? I don't get any love?"

"Noooooo," I say, pouting.

He looks at me with a smug smirk now. A minute passes, just as we reach town, leaving the neighborhood and passing a pub. I told you! One on every fucking block! Damn Niall for bringing me here.

"C'mere," he says smugly, stopping in front of me and wrapping me up in his arms. "You know you love me," he sings, rocking us back and forth. "I know you care. Just shout whenever and I'll be there!" he gets louder.

I break, laughing, "Oh my God! Shut up!"

He grins and drops his head so that his forehead was pressed up against mine. "I'll stop," then a smirk grows, "if ya gimme a kiss," he proposed.

I grin at him and grab the collar of his t-shirt. I give him a long, slow kiss. He smiled against my mouth just before we separate. "I love you," he whispers.

"I love you, too," I giggle, giving him a hug. My arms wound around his torso. I rest my head against his collarbone. His arms rested against my lower back. He gave my forehead a kiss. "And you're right. I might have been drooling over your sexiness just a tad bit."

"I knew it!" he laughs, cocking his head back to look at me. A smile lit up his face.

I grin and lean up, brushing my lips to his ear. "So how about we get a drink at that pub eh, baby?" I pur.

He chuckles, "Oh, I'm not stupid. Sexy... but not stupid," he laughs, looking at me.

"Shit!" I swear, withdrawing my arms to cross over my chest. He chuckles, amused. He kisses my forehead. "I wish you were stupid," I pout.

"Babe, you know what you have to do to get better. I want a pint every now and then but I don't because I'm trying to help you and it'd only be harder on you for you to watch me. If you drink, think about it like this. You'd be making it harder for you, me, Chris. Because Chris isn't drinking either, as long as you're here, sick. He's nice like that," he tells me.

"Well now I feel bad."

"I know. I was going for that. Now you won't even drink if you wanted to," he beams at me.

"Smart ass," I hiss. He chuckles and hugs me, kissing my forehead.

"Babe, you know exactly why I had to do that," he tells me.

"Yeah, okay," I pout.

"C'mon." He grabs my hand and pulls me down the street. "By the time we're done, you'll just love Mullingar," he tells me with a childish smile.

***

We sat in a tiny ice cream shop. "Oh my God, I love this," I mumble, spooning another mouthful of caramel sundae into my mouth. Niall chuckles, grinning at me. "I'm glad Liam isn't here. He'd make us eat with a fork," I tell him after I swallow.