Chapter 49 - Poems

We went grocery shopping. Marie was really happy to see me. And James liked pranking Niall.

Harry was right. He is the perfect prank target.

"Pickles?" Niall wrinkles up his nose.

I look towards him as we stock the fridge. I nod. "Yeah. I like pickles, raw. I like fried pickles, too. Where do you think the pickles back in London go? The chamber of secrets?" I laugh.

"Oh yeah," he murmurs. "They just kept disappearing."

"You are slow," I snort. "Surprisingly, you usually pick up thongs fast." Niall bursts out laughing. I furrow my eyebrows at him. "What's so funny?"

"You said thongs instead of things," he snickers, smirking at me.

I blush, wide eyed. "I did?! Oh my God! What is wrong with me?!"

"A lot of things," he laughs.

I huff and poke my tongue out at him. "Fine. Then I won't show you my surprise."

He perks up as his eyes lit up. A smile spread across his face. "Surprise?" he asks like a child asking for hints on a birthday present. "I like surprises."

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "It's like you have the mind of a thirteen year old."

"I hated thirteen," he whines, scrunching up his face cutely. "All the other lads had girlfriends while I was all lonely and I asked my mum to be my girlfriend so I wouldn't be," I grin and reach over to run my fingers through his hair. "I was new at the teenager thing, and, not to mention, I was in that awkward stage right at the beginning of puberty or just before, like just, oh my God, boner! Out of nowhere," he laughs humorlessly, "Ugh. It was awful..... or was that fifteen? Hell, it was both!"

I giggle to myself, sipping tea from my mug after we finish stocking the fridge. "At least you're a guy. You know when you're horny. Sometimes, I don't know if I'm horny or hungry or tired or happy or sad or whatever." I say sheepishly.

"Well, ugh-" he says, sitting back in his seat. "Guys don't have it easy either. Sometimes we just get them out of nowhere, like, what's wrong, boy? Do you see something?"

I burst out laughing, spitting tea across the counter. I'm not sure which is funnier. That he said that as an example or referred to his penis as if it were a dog.

"Ooh my God!" I laugh, hiding my face in my hands. "What the hell did you just say?!" I cackle.

"Seriously, it just raises like, I sense a disturbance in the force. Alert the warden," he laughs, looking at me. Dead serious.

"Oh God," I laugh, turning my head. I hold up my hand, "I can't look at you."

"Guys have it hard, too. They do. And, God. Puberty was a bitch. Fucking unidentified flying boners. You starte getting these little thoughts, like, what the hell? And it's always different. Some guys finish puberty by fourteen," his eyebrows arch angrily. His fingertip points down, pressed to the top of the counter as I clean up my tea spit, apparently. "I finished puberty at seventeen," I start to snicker. "And I still looked like a baby about two years later, then finally last year, I actually looked like a man. I didn't have that baby face," he tells me.

"I liked the baby face. You still kinda got it," I grin, cupping his cheeks.

"EXACTLY! Puberty hell for nothing!"

I laugh, "Well, actually. For a male to ever be able to sexually... you know, ejaculate, if you will. He has to go through puberty."

"FINALLY A REASON!" he laughs, turning around to stand up. He opens the fridge to pull out a chocolate pudding cup.