Chapter 14 - Big Ass Surprise

"What?!" I scream. Eleanor had a similar look as me.

Jaw on the floor. Eyes huge. Eyebrows arched.

Everyone runs inside but I don't think Eleanor noticed.

"How am I Katie's cousin?!" She screeches.

"Say what?" I heard Trinity and Perrie say at the same time while everyone else gasped.

Marie sighs, "Eleanor's father, Philip Calder, when he he was a little boy, his father had gotten a woman pregnant with another child, that women's name was Destiny Calder. The woman ended up moving to America. That would be your grandmother-" Marie tells me, "the child, Katie's mother was born and another man fathered her, and therefore, your mother's maiden name is Stephanie Calder. When your mother and Jeff married, she became Stephanie Walker. A year later, Destiny died from breast cancer while when Stephanie was only a little girl, around 15, her father died because he was murdered. Your mother told me the entire story. If you don't believe me then go to Ancestry.com." She clamps her hands together, pursing her lips.

Eleanor and I look at each other before scrambling over to the laptop.

Only one minute passer before Eleanor whines "Hurry up!"

"DAMMIT, WOMAN, I AM! WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE, AM I PLAYING JACKS OR SOME SHIT!" I hiss.

Eleanor narrows her eyes at me.

"Bitch, I will kick you to the boys signing in Scotland." She sasses.

I growl and finish filling in the info. I quickly hit send.

Sure enough, there it was. Stephanie Calder, Manhattan, New York.

I quickly select it.

And it pulled up tons of shit. After reading it all, Eleanor started mumbling 'oh my God' over and over again. We look at each other.

"HOLY HELL!" Both of us scream.

"I'm related to Eleanor Jane Calder and Zayn fucking Javaad Malik. What the fuck?!" I cry.

Then Syndy started cackling and my other idiot friends joined in. Even Eryn, Amy, Danielle, and Perrie. Then the idiots from New York joined as Marie just grinned at us.

"It's not funny! This is so fucked up!" I yell slamming my hand on the keyboard. "I just found out that Eleanor Jane Calder is my cousin and you're laughing?!"

"WHAT?!" I jump and look at the laptop quickly. A Skype box had popped up with a request and apparently I hit accept from something on the keyboard.

Five shocked boys and one man in the background were staring at me in disbelief.

"Thank you, Kat. Just... fucking great. This is just fucking fantastic!" El hisses.

"Shut up."

Everyone else had silenced when the boys came on.

"How the bloody hell are you two related if she's my cousin?!" Zayn cries out, gripping his hair.

"Your uncle married Eleanor's grandfather's second wife's child who was born in New York after they divorced." I run my hands down my face. "Oh, this is so fucked up." I whine.

"Holy shit!" All of them say.

"Why did you have to tell me that, Marie?" I look at her. "You just ruined my life."

Eleanor stops and looks at me. "That hurts, Kay. Right here." She points to her heart.

"Not because of you! This means in some fucked up, parallel universe or some shit, Zayn's family and your family had babies which I am one of and what will the fans think? Oh, dear Lord!" My head hits the table. "Why did I have to be thrown up into this crap?!" I whine.

That's when Louis bursts out laughing. "Oh my God, this is so great!"

Eleanor and I stop and look at him. "Huh?"

"That way, when I marry El, I'll be family to Katie!" He throws his hands up. The guys had amused looks. "I've always wanted that because Katie is a crack head like us. What's next, is-is Harry your long lost uncle? Or-or is Danielle your-your grandmother or something?!" He laughs hysterically, falling out of his chair. Usually Niall would laugh that hard... and I believe my heart just became neighbors with my kidney because it just fell even farther than to my stomach.

Yet I manage a smile, amused by his fit. Louis grabs Zayn's arm and tugs him down to look at him. Zayn grins.

"Hey, guess what!" Louis laughs letting out his inner child- as always.

"What?"

"WE'RE GONNA BE COUSINS!" Louis jerks him down as he falls back. "WE ARE FAMILY!" He sings.

I laugh at how Liam grabs the laptop, letting us watch as Louis rolls around, tears streaming down his face. His face had began to turn blood red. He squeezed his eyes shut. Zayn gave him a weird look as he stood up from the ground.

"Are you okay, Boo?" Eleanor giggles.

I grin as he clutches his stomach, rolling onto his stomach, trying to breathe normally again.

"Fantastic!" He gets a huge, childish grin.

Come on, people. His birthday is December 24th. Of course he's an inner child.

"Louis, you're an idiot." Niall grins. It was fake though.

"Aw! Do you wanna be apart of our family? Because you know what you have to do!" Louis laughs again. Not as crazy as before but something.

Niall immediately frowns. He bites his lip, standing from his seat. Louis and all the boys stop laughing.

"Niall, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." Louis says, grabbing his hand as he turns away from the camera.

"No, it... it wasn't your fault." Niall croaks, looking at him. Tears welling up in his eyes. "I... I gotta go." He jerks his hand away before dashing out of the screen.

"Dammit, Louis." Dani whines behind us.

Tears prick my own eyes. Why does he have to keep doing this? Why can't he just accept that we're meant for each other?

"Well, look at that. Now I only have one cousin again!" I cheer sarcastically.

The guys and Eleanor look at me. "What? How?" Harry asks.

"Because Zayn Malik is dead to me as of now." I hiss, beginning to shut the laptop.

"Kay-" Zayn starts before I slam it down.

And that's how it is gonna stay.