Chapter 35 - Heartbroken

Niall... and a girl. Kissing. She was a brunette, kinda short, with tan skin. Very curvy. No make up. Great cheekbones. Long, wavy hair. She was gorgeous.

Tears trailed down my cheeks. I was gone for five minutes. How did this happen? Her hand, which was currently on his bare stomach, slipped lower.

Ready to break it up, something stopped me. Niall placed his hands on her chest. What the fuck?!

"Katie, what're you- oh...." Holly mumbled, from beside me. "I told you she wanted him back."

Wait. THAT'S Melody?

Niall pushed her off of him. Oh, thank God. But it didn't stop my tears. He snarled, "What the fuck, Melody?! You can't just go around kissing engaged men!" he barked, wiping his mouth.

"I told you he was smart," Holly mumbles, grinning.

"They've never complained before," Melody smirks as a crowd gathered to see what was wrong.

"Yeah, well I'm not them. I actually love my fiancé. I don't want to risk it all and lose the best thing that ever happened to me over a slut like you," he snapped. Melody gasps, "You ruined my life before and I was an idiot for ever even finding you attractive. If you've already cheated on me when we were together, why do you want me now?" he hisses.

She huffs, staying silent. Crossing her arms over her chest. She glares at him.

"Exactly," he hisses, "You're trying to use me. Just stay away from me, okay?" He turned just for his eyes to meet mine. His eyes get big.

"If you love her so much, then why did you kiss me back at first?" Melody snapped.

I gasp, feeling my blood run cold. He did kiss her back. I knew it. Even if it was for the slightest second, he did it.

And the look of sorrow and sympathy on his face only proved it.

I tiny sob fell from my lips.

"Niall, you kissed her back?" Holly hissed.

Niall opened his mouth to answer but nothing emitted from him. He sighed and bit his lip. Tears brimming in his own eyes.

"Oh my God!" I cry out, backing away. His eyes went wide. He stepped forward.

"Katie, you have to listen to me," he begins. I shake my head, turning and dashing away. He shouts my name, running after me. I made it to the front door, not even bothering to look for my clothes.

Being drunk and kissing a girl who looks like me is one thing, but... he isn't even drunk now. She doesn't look like me either. A hand grabs my wrists as I try to run out onto the front porch.

"Let go of me," I sob, trying to pry his fingers from arm. Tears trailed down Niall's cheeks as mine did.

"Please, baby. Please. Ya gotta listen to me," he whispers.

"I-I can't look at you right now," I sob, jerking my hand away. Barefoot, I take off running back towards the house. I should've gone back with Zayn. Spent time with MY family. This was a mistake.

Maura lived exactly two blocks away from Eric's house. So I ran back.

Why does this always happen to us?

I fling the door open, startling Chris. The door slammed shut behind me. I finally fell to my knees, bawling.

"Jesus, Katie! What happened?" Denise shouts, coming inside. What are they doing here? Denise helped me to my feet. I hugged her, trembling.

"Katie, calm down. Tell us what's wrong," Greg encourages.

I sob about everything but it still came out as gibberish.