A Weird Night

Josh and Tyler load onto their bus as normal. They play on their phones for a while before Tyler heads to bed. 

Josh stares at his phone, hoping for a text or call. He walks to the fridge and gets a coke and some chips. He sits and watches Netflix for a few hours. 

After watching a few episodes of Bob's Burgers, Josh puts away his phone. He leans forward and puts his face in his hands. He sighs. He looks at his phone, one more time, hoping for a text. He fights back tears. 

His thoughts start racing, playing back the night. He replays the kiss over and over. The tears fall from his eyes. He sniffles and wipes them away. 

Tyler pops his head out of his bunk, seeing Josh wipe away tears. He gets down and sits beside his best friend. "What's the matter, dude?"

"It's been a weird night." Josh says, wiping away another tear. 

"What are you thinking about?" Tyler asks. 

"I really liked her." Josh says, looking Tyler in the eyes. 

"Woah. What happened while I was gone?" He asks. 

"We talked. We kissed." Josh drops his head. 

"Woah, dude." Tyler says. 

"Tyler, do you believe in love at first sight?" Josh asks. 

"Well, dude. That's how it was for me and Jenna, but she wasn't a fan. " Tyler shrugs. "But that doesn't mean that this girl isn't your 'one', you know" 

"She's beautiful, and sweet. She's kind. She loves music. She loves animals. She's perfect." Josh sighs. 

"Well, you'll probably never talk to her again, to be honest." Tyler says. 

"She gave me her number." Josh looks at Tyler. 

"Well, man up and call her. You can't let her get away." Tyler pats him on the back as he stands. 

Josh nods. He finds her number on his phone. He stares at it for a minute.

Tyler gets in his bunk and puts on his headphones. He gives Josh a thumbs up. 

Josh hits call.