Dusting Dirt

Bella finishes packing her closet, and sits next to Josh on the floor, helping him pack her dresser. 

"Can I say something weird?" Josh asks. 

"Always, babe." Bella says. 

"I didn't know Natalie, but I miss her for you. You seem like you two were very close." Josh explains. 

"We were." Bella says, smiling. 

Josh closes the last drawer. 

Bella walks to the bathroom with a suitcase she pulled from under the bed. She packs her towels, toothbrush and toothpaste. 

Josh takes down her posters and empties her desk drawers. 

"That's all." She says. 

Josh smiles. "When?" He asks. "I want to get you home. "

Bella hugs Josh. "Anywhere you are is home to me."

-----

Bella puts her key in their mailbox. She gets in the passenger side of her car, where Josh is waiting in the drivers seat. She buckles her seat belt. 

"Can we stop somewhere before we leave?" She asks. 

Josh nods.

-----

Josh pulls the car into a cemetery parking lot. "I'll just be a minute." Bella says. 

She opens the gate, walking in. She walks to a grave and sits down in front of it. 

"It looks like I'm gone, Nat. I'm finally happy. I wish you were here to be happy with me." She smiles. She dusts the dirt off of the tombstone. 

She sheds one tear as she leaves. She gets in the car. "She's happy for you." Josh says. 

Bella nods. "I am too."