Noon-Thirty

Bella lays on her bed, looking at the picture of her and Natalie, wondering what she would think. What would she say? How would things be different? 

Josh comes out of the bathroom in a towel. "You okay?" He asks.

 Bella nods. She sits up on the bed. "Just thinking." She says. 

"About?" He asks, tousling his hair. 

 "What would Natalie do if she were here? What would she say? What would she tell me to say to them?"

 "I didn't know her," He says, sitting on the bed, "but I'd think that she would tell you to find happiness."

 Bella looks at Josh. "I found what makes me happy." 

 Josh smiles. He stands up and digs through his bag, getting out underwear. He slips them on under his towel. He drops the towel. He sits on the bed again. "When are we gonna try to leave?"

 "I called work. Told them I'm not coming back." She says. "So, as soon as we get packed I guess. I'll give them what rent is due next month."

 "Let's get some sleep. You need to rest. It's been a rough day." He says, turning off the light.

 Bella sheds her clothes.

 "Woah." Josh says, "What happened to sleep clothes?" 

 "I sleep naked at home. Well, in my bra and panties." She says, laughing. 

 They both get under the covers, and Josh holds Bella. He kisses her forehead. 

 "Good night. I love you." He says

 "I love you too. Sleep tight."

 ----- 

 Bella woke up to a banging on her door. 

She put on shorts and a shirt and a tank top and opened the door.

 "Package." Alex says, handing her the box and the mail. 

 She sits down on the bed and opens the box. Inside was a necklace. It was from her mother. It had a note with it.

 "I found this in the attic. I thought you might want it."

 She looked at the necklace. It was a silver chain with a black pendant. It was Natalie's. She gave it to her two weeks before she died. She put it on and laid back down. 

 "What was that?" Josh said. "My mom sent me a package." She said, touching the pendant.

 Josh kissed her forehead.

 "What's the plan for the day?" 

 "I want food, but I'm too lazy to cook." She said. "And Alex and Cassie are here until noon."

 "Well, I could make food at noon-thirty." Josh said. 

 "You cook?" She asks. 

 "Well, not the best, but it's edible." He laughs. 

 Bella kissed Josh on the forehead. "I'd love to try it."