The Overpass

A/N 
This chapter mentions suicide, if you are sensitive, please don't read this. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, we have a week." Josh says, sitting on the bed holding the picture. "You look close." 

"We were very close. She was my best friend. I'd even call her my sister to strangers." Bella says, sitting next to him. 

She lays her chin on his shoulder. She sighs. "We were best friends for years. We met in kindergarten. She was the only person who ever talked to me that year, and all the years after, up until our sophomore year of high school."

Josh puts his arm around Bella as a tear comes out of her eye. "You don't have to tell me." He says. "If it hurts, I don't have to know." 

"Want to go on a walk?" Bella asks. 

Josh nods. Bella grabs her jacket out of her closet. "It's cold." 

Josh grabs his jacket as well, and they head out the door. 

------

They walk in silence, until they get to an overpass. On the overpass, there is a cross on the side. 

"Bella." Josh says, realizing. 

They walk to the the cross. It says "In memory of Natalie Anne Blossom". 

Bella touches the cross and closes her eyes. Tears start falling. She sniffles. 

"When we were sophomores, her parents divorced. She started to get bullied because she was bisexual, which everyone had known for years. She decided living wasn't her thing. She stood up here, and jumped." Bella said. 

Josh pulled her to his chest. Bella cried harder. "I miss her so much." 

"I know baby. I know." Josh says.