Chapter 2

Lucy's POV

          I was mad I didn't get to see the boys, but not too mad. I got over it. There were more upsetting things than not being able to see YouTubers. Today was a bad day. Today brought back painful memories. It was December 14. That day. That's why Liam had came to visit me in LA. He knew I'd be really upset, like I have been since eighth grade. After the people at the restaurant told us we had a thirty minute wait, Liam left me alone.

"I'll be right back." Only said that twenty minutes ago. Where is he. I look so awkward all alone. I took my iPhone out of my back pocket. My headphones were already plugged in. I turned my music on and waited for what seemed like forever. Finally Liam returned.

"Where have you been," I said worried.

"Just picking a little something up for my baby sister," he grinned.

He liked to refer to me as a 'baby' just because he was five minutes earlier than I was. He handed me a M.A.C. Cosmetics bag.

"Liam! They're so expensive! You did not have to do this!"

"Not when you flirt with the sales lady, then explain to her how you were upset. She gave me all of these free samples. And a phone number..."

I hugged him.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"No problem. I know today's tough."

"Your table is ready," the woman said escorting us to our table. I almost thought I heard someone say "Reservation for Kian," but my mind was probably just playing tricks on me.

Jc's POV

"I'm exhausted. Girls are too much work." Sam sighed.

"Did you guys see that one girl?" Connor said.

"Wanna be more specific," Ricky snapped.

"Yeah, we've seen like five hundred girls today," Kian added.

"No, she never came to the table, ah never mind, maybe I just imagined her."

The thing was, I was pretty sure I  knew he was talking about. I kept quiet though. Making Connor feel crazy was all too fun.

"I made reservations so we could get eating quickly!" Kian said as we parked into a space.

"Good, cause I'm hungry," I blurted.

"You're always hungry!" Trevor laughed.

We walked inside hoping no one would recognize us, but it seemed like it was more of an adult's night at Wood Ranch. There were still a lot of people, as usual. I was just glad Kian reserved a table. I opened up the heavy door to the restaurant and right when I walked in I saw the girl from the crowd. This time she was hugging her boyfriend. What I'd give to talk to her. What am I saying. I don't even know her. She could be completely insane. But she's so perfect. Ugh. No, Jc. No.

"Reservation for, Kian, what's it under?" I said.

"Uh... Lawley?" He said.

"Reservation for Lawley."

"Right this way," said the woman.

Connor's POV

We all sat down, I was on the end. When the woman walked away I blurted out, "So a hamburger and for desert Starbucks, kay done." I threw my menu at Jc who was looking over his. I started to look around the restaurant. It literally was all adults. Wait, I see some people our age. I squinted to see if they were people we knew. My eyes adjusted. I saw one boy and one girl. I almost fell out of the booth. That's the girl! I'm not crazy! Right? Is she on a date?

"Ohmygod," I accidently said out loud.

All of the boys looked up from their menus to see my leaning out of the booth.

"You okay?" Sam said.

"Yeah, I'm going to go splash some water in my face. I-I'll be back." I got up quickly and walked into the men's restroom.

Lucy's POV

"And can I have... the pulled pork sandwich?" I asked politely.

"Sure-sure, and what would you like as your Signature Side?"

"Um... Ooh! Mashed potatoes!"

"Okay, we'll bring your dinners out soon."

"Thank you," I said handing him Liam and my menus.

"How are you Luce?" Liam questioned.

"Fine," I said looking at a statue in the corner of the restaurant.

"Look at me," he said sounding worried.

"Really, I'm okay. It's been eight years. I need to forget about it."

"No, Lucy, don't forget. She was your best friend."

"Yeah, was..." I said distracted.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I-I just thought I saw... going into the bathroom... wait... I think I need to put my contacts back in. Can I have them?" Liam handed me my contacts case. I got up and walked to the women's bathroom that was right next to the men's. I carefully put the contacts in my eyes, and took a look in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot. I didn't sleep at all last night. I knew I couldn't tell Liam that. He'd just be even more worried. I finished in the bathroom. When I walked out a group of waiters were coming out of the kitchen. They were blinded by the mountain of plates of food that they did not see me. I jumped to get out of the way, but I ended up tripping over the leg of a table that had decorations on it. I would have probably really hurt myself if someone hadn't caught me. I lingered in their arms, but finally found my way to my feet.

"Thank you," I said looking up to see my savior. Emerald green eyes was the first thing I saw. And basically the only thing I saw. I was instantly hypnotized. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Who caught Lucy before she fell? Leave it in the comments!

Pictured: Those emerald green eyes