Chapter 26

Lucy's POV

"AHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I refused to look down, knowing that the people would become further and further away. I flung my head into Connor, burying it into his chest, as he let out a laugh.

"A laugh! You are laughing at this!" I yelled in disbelief.

"You should see what you look like," he smiled.

"Connor. I want off of this death trap. NOW," I whined.

"Afraid you're going to have to wait 'til it's over... unless you want to jump-"

"I'm good!" I interrupted.

I felt his eyes on me. Those green little devils that caused me to be in this terrifying situation. I felt my stomach churn, as the ride began to slow down. We started to descend back down to the land below, my heart beginning to reach its normal pace.

"How was that?" the man laughed.

Everything was blurred, and my head was spinning. I didn't even answer the man. I just grabbed my cat and walked off. It probably looked as if I were drunk, because I could hear Connor laugh as he ran up beside me.

"Wanna go back to my house?" he smirked.

"I feel really unbalanced," I said, as my legs began to wobble underneath me. Connor put his arm around my shoulder and helped me stand up again. He then led me back to his car. I still really wasn't sure what was happening. I felt myself get lifted, and the next thing I knew I was sitting in the passenger's seat driving home. 

Connor's POV

She finally looked like she was coming back to reality. I glanced over at her, then back at the road, then back at her.

"Luce?"

"Yeah!" she said sounding startled.

"You alright?" I laughed looking back at the road.

"Uh... yeah, yeah, I'm alright."

"Wanna play a game?"

"Idunno are you going to kill me, because you sound like Saw."

"Nah... 20 Questions?"

"Okay... you go first."

"Did you really watch me on YouTube when you first met me, or did you just say that to get me to like you?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I really watched you... did you accidentally run into me or were you stalking me?" She questioned with a laugh.

"It was a lucky coincidence. Are you happy you tripped and fell into my arms?"

"Well, I would have landed on my ass so yeah, I'm pretty happy you caught me," she joked, "Yes, I'm happy we met. What was your first impression of me?"

"Different," I concluded, "Something about you made me want to get to know you better." There was a question on my mind I was hesitant to ask. I sighed. "Did you... were you ever attrached to Jc?"

She was hesistant to speak. She opened her mouth to say something, "I wasn't attrached like the way you're thinking... but I mean, in all honesty, if he'd been the one to catch me... things might have been different. But since that's not what happened. No. Not really at all." I let out a sigh of relief. She smiled catching how releaved I was. "How many girls were there before me?" she winced at the question, clearly overthinking it completely. 

"3," I laughed simply.

"3?"

"What did you expect?"