Chapter 12

Connors POV

I sat on the couch, anxiously waiting her arrival. I was plotting conversations in my head. It's not like she doesn't know you like her. Trevor told her. Ugh. Why is this so difficult? I let out a sigh. I got up and looked in the mirror.

"Hey, Lucy, I um... no that sounds dumb. Hi, whoa my voice just cracked," I said looking towards my reflection. I scratched my neck. I heard snickering, which then turned into a full laughter. I whipped around to see Kian with a big trash bag in one hand. He must have been cleaning the house. Andrea was standing right next to him.

"Shut up," I snapped.

"Don't rehearse what you're going to say... just let it flow naturally," Andrea advised.

"But, what happens if I can't find the right words to say?" I questioned.

"You will," Kian said picking up a cup that was lying on the ground.

"Anyways..." Andrea said fixing my hair, and placing my snapback on my head, "You're good, just relax."

And I was trying to. I sat back down facing the door. I watched as the doorknob turned. First Ricky entered, and then Lucy. Her face was flushed, and most of her makeup was removed, but she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I immediately shot off the couch and walked over to her. I turned my head and gave everyone a get-the-hell-out-of-here glare. One by one Jenn, Jc, Ricky, Kian, Andrea, Trevor, and Sam walked out of the room, all exchanging glances to one another. I looked back at her. She looked calm and relaxed. Two things I was finding extremely difficult to be. I glanced at the clock that read '4:17.' Daylight was just starting form. I grabbed her hand and led her outside. As soon as we went outside, everyone gathered by the window to watch.

"Hi," I finally said.

"Hi," she smiled.

A smile. That's good, right? I began to walk around the perimeter of the house. Lucy followed.

"I know Trevor told you."

"Told me what?" I knew she wanted to hear it from my own lips.

"Lucy,"' I sighed, "I really, really like you."

I looked into her eyes. She looked as if she had just seen a ghost. I had said what she wanted me to, why wasn't she answering. The long pause felt like a year, when it was probably like ten seconds. The silence made me uncomfortable. Of course. She doesn't like me back. Why am I so stupid. 

"I didn't expect you to feel the same way, really it's fine, I just wanted to tell you why I have been so weird late-"

Suddenly, I had stopped talking. Words weren't coming out of my mouth. What was stopping my chatter box? It took me a second to process, but Lucy had kissed me. When I had finally realized I kissed back, and then pulled her into a hug.

"You like me?" I whispered in her ear.

"No, I kissed you because I hate you," she said sarcastically.

I smiled, and then held both of her hands. I began walking backwards, which is probably the worst idea for a clumsy person like myself. I tripped over my feet, and caused both me and Lucy to fall to the ground. Lucky for Lucy, she landed on top of me. She started to laugh, and then quickly covered her mouth in fear she'd wake the neighbors up. Her smile was beautiful, and I loved seeing it. I smiled.

"What?" she giggled.

Without saying a word, pulled her into me, and then began to place her on the grass. She was still smiling. I had one hand on her waist, and the other on her back, as I set her down gently. She lifted her hand and caressed my face. I smiled. She was so beautiful. I kissed her on the forehead. She was mine. And I was hers. And I was hoping forever.