Chapter 23

Lucy's POV

We had been in the car for about an hour. All I knew was that we were going North... and that's it. Alleyways by the Neighbourhood came on. I was surprised because they never played that song on the radio.

"I love this song!"

"You love every song," Connor laughed.

"Back in 1991, when the story first begun, I remember," I sang

"You are literally a music machine."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know... like... you know every song," he laughed.

"Oh. Well, yeah."

"We're almost there!"

"Almost where?" I whined.

"You'll see," he grinned.

"Wait..." I said smiling. He shushed me. I knew exactly where we were. He was right; this was going to be a fun day. It's a good thing I put sunscreen on before we left. Connor parked the car. I hoped out like a Mexican jumping bean. I've been to Six Flags before, but not this one. We waited in line for wristbands. Once it was on my wrist we immediately waited in line. I looked around the park. It was ten o'clock on a Tuesday. There weren't many people, which was good, because the lines alone could be an hour wait. We got on the Wonder Woman ride in two minutes. I smiled as we found a place on the ride. Since there weren't many people the ride only had about five other people on it. It was a good ride to start off with considering everything else are rollercoasters. I was secretly terrified of rollercoasters. I went on them, but I always thought I was going to die. It was a stupid fear, I know. Even more stupid considering I went on them and had fun.

"Where are we going next?" I asked as the ride began.

"I was thinking that," he pointed. It was a big green rollercoaster. I squinted my eyes to see the name, 'The Green Lantern.'

"Have you ever been on it before?" I asked as we made our way on line.

"No, there's always been a long line for this ride."

"Oh," I said examining the ride. There definitely wasn't a long line today. We waited about ten minutes, and then got onto the ride. We sat down in the rollercoaster's seats. I was a little terrified. It had been a while since I'd been on a rollercoaster. The ride began. We flipped and twirled multiple times.

"Oof," I heard Connor let out. He was right. Oof. That ride was bringing pains to my stomach. Each time we were upside-down more and more pressure was added to my stomach. It was extremely painful.

"Lucy?"                                        

"Yeah?"

"I don't like this ride."

"Agreed," I said through the prevailing winds that whipped my face and churned my stomach. The spinning death trap was finally finished. As we exited, both Connor and I had out backs hunched over and our hands clutching our stomachs.

"Never, ever, ever again!" I laughed.

"You look like an old lady," he said referring to my hunched-overness.

"You look like an old man. So is there a ride that won't cause internal bleeding?"

"The batman ride was pretty good," Connor said pointing at the ride adjacent to the Green Lantern.

"That looks exactly like the one we were just on..."

"No, this one's fun, trust me," he said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the ride. I looked up as we walked through the gates labeled 'Gotham City Park.' It made me laugh. We kept walking through a tunnel and up some stairs until we reached the end of the line. The wait for this line was much longer than the stupid ride before. We waited for about twenty minutes. It was silent. Both Connor and I didn't know what to say to each other. It was like we didn't even know one another. It made me nervous.