Chapter 25

Connor's POV

We had finished our lunch. We took a pretty long time to eat, since it was the first time that day that we actually got to sit down and talk. I got up and threw out our trash in the nearest garbage bin. When I got back to our little table, Lucy was engrossed in her cell phone, scrolling through Twitter. Her nose scrunched up, and she started to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Look at Ricky's tweet!" she giggled. I read it quick, something about him and Liz. I smiled at her. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

 "C'mon!" I laughed.

"Where are we going?" she asked grabbing onto my hand.

"I don't know, I was thinking we'd go-"

"Connor?" she interrupted in a panic.

"Yeah?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"The girls," she pointed as three familiar girls were running towards us. We exchanged glanced.

"Run!" I said. We both darted off in the opposite direction of the girl. We passed almost all of the rides and were about three-fourths of where we just were. Lucy ran as fast as she could, it wasn't that fast, but she outran the girls. We stopped out of breath in front of a big roller coaster.

"Whoa!" Lucy and I said at the same time.

"Let's go on that!" I pointed.

We walked through the entrance. The ride was called Viper. It was red and consisted of a lot of loop-di-loops. I was somewhat terrified yet really excited to go on this ride. There were a lot of people waiting for the ride, so we had to wait about thirty minutes.  

"I'm so nervous," Lucy said jumping up and down.

"You'll be fine!" I laughed. 

"I don't know..."

"Seriously, you'll be fine," I smiled. She smiled back and then said "Okay." I kissed her head and grabbed her hand. I could tell she was still nervous because she was shaking. We were next on the ride. I started to feel nervous. Lucy had completely forgot her nerve, and I was mentally thinking of the worst possible scenarios. What if we get stuck up side down. What if we fall out. I would die. NO. I can't go on. 

"Lucy?" I poked.

"Yeah, babe?"

"Maybe we shouldn't go on the ride?"

"No, it's fine, I'm okay with going on."'

"Uh..."

"Oh, are you scared?" she laughed.

"No," I lied.

"You are," she smiled poking my repeatedly in the side.

"And what if I am?" 

"It's fine, we can do it, together," she smiled.

I sighed. I wanted to go on it, my brain just freaks out on me and thinks the worst things. I am going to do it. We walked onto the ride together. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. Like we were in a sappy romantic movie where they would slow down all of the dramatic parts. That's what it felt like. I could see the fear in Lucy's eyes, and I bet she could see the fear in mine as well. We sat down in the coaster. We were all the way in the last seat. I let out a sigh, as the Six Flags worker locked us into our seats. Then everything felt like it was in high speed. I barely remember what happened on the ride. All I could seem to recall was Lucy burying her face into my shoulder and a lot of screaming, most of which was probably mine.