Chapter 29

Lucy's POV

After the encounter with the helicopters, Connor decided to take us home. It was about the time he had so clearly told the guys we'd be returning home, so it was okay that we were going home. I took a deep breath. Over the past two days I've been trying really hard to take in strong observations about everything around me.

I didn't want to forget any detail while I'm half way across the globe. Not one little speck of dust.

"We're home!" Connor yelled as we opened the front door to the house.

My nostrils were being filled with the most delightful smells. "Did you guys bake a cake or something?" I said as we went to approach the kitchen.

When I reached the hallway, I stopped in my tracks, speechless. Above my head draped a banner that said 'GOOD LUCK LUCY!' When I looked back down, well you can only imagine how much I fangirled. 

To say there were some YouTubers there was unembelished. Andrea Russet, Andrew Lowe, Bethany Mota, Grace Helbig, Jenn McAllister, Joey Graceffa, Lia Marie Johnson, Sawyer Hartman, Shane Dawson, Rebecca Black, ThatSoJack, Troye Sivan, and Tyler Oakley were standing right in front of my very eyes. Not only them, but Sam and Trevor were there, too.

My eyes began to water. I had never experienced this much happiness and this much being wanted feeling in my entire life. Even better, that six boys, who only a few months ago didn't know I existed, became so close with me that they would go to the trouble of throwing an extravagant party for me.

Also having a one track mind when it comes to food, I did in fact locate the cake. It was one of those picture cakes. The picture on it was me and all of the O2L boys in Hawaii.

A warm tear glided down my grinning face. "I love you, guys!" I gushed, wiping the water out from my eyes.

"Go have fun," Connor whispered to me.

I took that offer and immediately attacked all of the YouTubers. I introduced myself about a million times, although some of them had already met me, and others knew exactly who I was. Actually all of them knew exactly who I was.

"Hey, gurl!" Tyler yelled.

"Haay!" I said extending the 'a' sound.

He let out his reknown laugh which caused an even bigger smile to show on my already smiling face.

"Troye," I grinned, practically jumping into his arms. During the Hawaii trip me, Connor, Troye, and Tyler all hung out. *cough cough can I get a Troyler alert* We all ended up getting really close with each other.

Even though I loved all of the people in the room, I felt a little awkward being around all the people who barely knew me. Don't get me wrong, talking to people like Sawyer Hartman and Shane Dawson was freaking amazing, but taking to people like O2L, Andrea, Lia, Tyler, and Troye just felt more... comfortable. 

It took me a little bit of time before I decided to actually have real conversations with people. I decided to start with Bethany. She a sweet beauty guru, how can you go wrong with that? And that's exactly who she was. The sweetest most kindest person I've ever met.

I then went to the others. Joey Graceffa is hilarious. And when Shane and Joey are talking to you it was pretty difficult not to pee your pants. 

After a while though, talking to people just got exhausting. I ended up collapsing on the couch, trying to regain some energy.

"Well there you are! I was thinking you were trying to avoid me!" I heard a voice say. I looked up from the coach cushion and saw Liz sitting directly next to me.

As if I was having an adrenaline rush, I hoped up and tackled Liz with hugs. "Liz!" I said as I squeezed her body, "I haven't seen you since you decided to allow the guys to lock me outside," I pouted.

"I know, I know. But not my idea," she said guiltily throwing her hands in the air as if I were a cop.

"You went through with it. It's a little cold out there, ya know?" I laughed.

"Well, everyone wants to play Truth or Dare Spin the Bottle, c'mon!" she said dragging me up off the couch and bringing me to the circle that had formed.

"Who gets to start?" Sam said.

Everyone turned their head at me. I mean I was the guest of honor. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bottle out of Sam's hands. Placing it carefully in the middle, I spun the bottle. Luckily for me it landed on Ricky.

"Dare," he raised his eyebrows as if to challenge me.

"I dare you... to eat a leaf off that plant," I pointed.

"This isn't even a real plant," he laughed pulling a leaf of and proceeding to bite into it. He coughed a bit, spitting the part he had bitten out. "Oh, that's awful."

And then he spun the bottle. It landed on Shane. Shane was dared to lick to floor. And so on the game boringly continued. I hated truth or dare because nothing exciting actually happened.

Or so I thought.

"Lia, truth or dare?" Trevor asked

"Truth," she said so innocently.

"Why'd you and Jc break up?" Trevor really shouldn't have asked the question but he did, and it was out in the open.

"Trevor," Jc glared.

"No, it's okay," Lia said slowly, "We agreed that it'd be better if we just... remained friends, not like a girl got in between us or anything." She had murmured the last part, but considering I was sitting next to her, I could hear her loud and clear.

What if that was me. I didn't mean to be a relationship ruiner.

The cake I had been eyeballing all night was finally being cut. They had made me blow out candles. Some even tried to sing me Happy Birthday. But that wasn't happening. I blew the candles out before they had a chance to sing. 

Connor cut up the cake, handing me the first slice. I didn't eat until everyone had a piece, though. When I went to take the first bite I felt my head get nudged and the next thing I knew, the slice I had been so desired to eat was all of my face. I heard Connor snickering behind me.

"Connor, I am going to kill you!" I stuck my hand in the cake scooping out a big chunk and a mushed it into Connor's hair.

"That wasn't even me!" he laughed.

I turned to see Kian standing there hysterically laughing. Once again I scooped out some cake with my hands this time aiming directly at his face. He just kept laughing, and soon everyone was throwing cake at each other. It was a huge mess.

At about eleven everyone was out of the house. I was so tired. Between the party and all the walking Connor had us do today, I was dead. Connor flopped down next to me. He was feeling the same as me. Dead.

"Why don't you two go to bed?" Sam suggested.

"Yeah, we can clean without you two," Ricky added.

I wasn't going to object this opportunity. Connor carried me up the steps and into his room. As if I were a newborn baby, he carefully placed me on his bed. Then he hoped in on the other side and prepared to sleep. But I really didn't want to go to bed. That would mean the day was over. And the next time I'd we waking up would be to hop on a plane, and leave everyone behind.

 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Only one more chapter left!