Chapter 17

Connor's POV

We had finally brought Liam to the surprise party. He was definitely surprised. From the moment he stepped foot in the house, his face brightened. Lucy was so excited. She hugged Liam. I was recording the whole thing when I was suddenly pulled from the scene. Everything all happened too fast for me to process what was happening. My eyes adjusted. I was in Jc's room. But why? I was facing the door. I turned around. Jc was sitting on his bed, his hands on his head. He looked very stressed out. I sat down next to him.

"What's wrong?"

We sat in a long silence.

"Jc, what's wrong?"

"If I  tell you..." he stopped speaking.

"If you tell me what?"

"You'll hate me."

"Why?" I said nervously

He sighed, "I like Lucy."

"Of course you do, all of you guys have become great friends," I said trying not to believe my ears.

"No, Connor, I like her."

"WHAT!" I exploded.

"I told you you'd hate me!"

"I knew it. I just didn't think you'd actually do this to me."

"I can't help it, she's so beautiful. She's funny and nice and smart and I can't help but like her."

"You don't even know anything about her!"

"I know that I like her."

I dropped my head. I couldn't believe my ears. Lucy and I were working out so well. I had an amazing time with her tonight. Jc couldn't have her. He couldn't.

"Jc, how can you like my girlfriend?"

"You weren't the only one who saw her that day, you know. I saw her, too."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what, hey I like the same girl you do?"

"I'd rather of known then than now!"

"Well I'm sorry!"

"Jc, you're supposed to be my friend, my brother," I said.

"I can't help it, I can't help my feelings towards Lucy."

"I don't care she's not yours. I need to leave."

"Wait! Are you going to tell her?"

"That's not my decision."

He sighed. I couldn't deal with this. It was her birthday in two hours. I didn't want to worry about all of that. I left Jc's room and slammed the door shut. I lifted my head up and my eyes landed directly on her.

"Hi," I smiled. My smile faded. Lucy looked like she was going to puke. I didn't say another word. I hugged her. She seemed tense. Her body started to calm in my arms.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she choked out. I knew by the tone in her voice she had heard Jc and my conversation.

"You know."

"Yeah," she choked.

She was still in my arms. "It doesn't matter what Jc thinks, you're mine, I'm yours, forever." I picked her up, she remained wrapped around me. I brought her over to the couch by the front door. I knew nobody would be there. I sat down, Lucy still in my arms. She laid down on top of me. I pet her hair. She smiled and snuggled herself into me closing her eyes. I kissed her forehead. She opened them. She didn't seem as stressed.