Chapter 18

Lucy's POV

I awoke eight hours later. I turned expecting to see Connor, but he was gone. I sat up in his bed. There was a card with my name on it across the room. I got up and walked over to the mysterious card. I picked it up.

'Dear Lucy,

Happy Birthday. If you go onto my YouTube channel, you will notice a new video. Watch it.' I stopped reading. I grabbed my phone and sat down on his bed. There was a new video up. I clicked on it.

"Hey, guys. I'm here with Luce."

"Hey!"

"Today is Lucy's birthday."

"Yup."

"Birthday punches!"

"Put 'em up, put 'em up!" we laughed and threw fake punches at each other.

"Anyways I would like to start off by saying - gettout!"

"It's getout!" I laughed, exiting the view of the camera.

"Okay. I've been hiding something from you guys, and I think it's about time you knew," he sighed, "I met Lucy back in December, and we immediately became close friends. Today, on her birthday, I would like to share her dysfunctionalness-is that a word? I don't know, well it's a word now."

A clip rolled: "Tell us, Luce, why you will not go in the water," Connor said. The camera turned to me. "Because I'm not going to."

Connor was now carrying me over to the water. "PUT ME DOWN, CONNOR! I'M SERIOUS! I DON'T WANT TO GO IN THERE!" I was screaming. Ricky laughed behind the camera.  "Look at how many people are looking at them." Liam laughed at Ricky's comment.

A different clip rolled: It was dark out. "What happened when I dragged you into the water Lucy?" The camera turned to me. "A freaking shark was in there."

The clip changed: It was of the shark that was in the ocean.

It went back to Connor talking. "Let's just say she'll never go in the water again," he laughed. "But she's also crazy talented."

A clip rolled: I was doing a bunch of tricks on my skateboard.

Another clip rolled: I was sitting down examining all of the spray paints. I started to spray paint the moon. When I finished I showed everyone, and the clip ended.

"You may be wondering what the point is of this video. Maybe it's time to bring Lucy back in..."

I was back in the camera. "Everyone, my girlfriend, Lucy!" I smiled. "So guys, I'm gonna go!" he said. "Okay, todaywemlasdadadaa!" I joined in. The video blacked out. I figured it was over, but all of the sudden it said "SURPRISE!" which was the clip from the surprise party.

The video made me so happy. I walked back over to the where the card was. 'Once you finish watching, hope you liked it by the way, go into the bathroom. There will be an outfit in there. Put it on. When you finish getting ready, come downstairs. We're going out to lunch. Happy birthday!

Love, Connor'

I smiled. I walked into the bathroom. Right before my eyes was the most beautiful dress. It was a baby pink short dress with a pink bow. There were silver heels to match the bracelet he'd given me. I brushed out my hair. Since I was in an all-boys house, there wasn't much to do my make up or hair with. I had a one hair tie around my wrist, and I knew I had mascara and eyeliner in my purse. I had to make the best of it. I decided to do a bohemian half up half down hairstyle. It took about eight minutes to get it perfect. I dug through my purse in search of my makeup. I found black eyeliner and black mascara. I kept digging. I found a baby lips and a sample eye shadow palette. Perfect! I don't want to look disgusting. I applied all of my makeup. I slipped on my dress and heels. I was surprised Connor knew my sizes. Everything fit perfectly. I made sure the bracelet Connor had given me was secured on. I took a last look in the mirror and smiled. I walked out of Connor's room, and began to descend down the stairs.