Chapter 16

Connor's POV

"Lucy! Kian! Wait up!" I called. Jc had given Lucy his penny board for the night, and Kian and Lucy were having a blast. They were vlogging together and laughing. It's times like this I wished my roommates taught me to skateboard. They stopped. Finally, I can catch up. I made a bunch of weird sound effects as I entered the camera's view. I then picked Lucy up off of the penny board and brought her close to my body. She laughed. I took out his vlog camera.

"Hello, what happened when I dragged you into the water, Lucy?"

"A freaking shark was in there."

"It was harmless," I whispered to the camera.

"This is why we don't go in the ocean," Lucy laughed, taking the camera out of my hands.

I kissed her on the cheek.

"Guys!" Ricky called.

We all turned around.

"Whoa, Connor, look!" Lucy gushed.

"Hold on," I said as a watched as Ricky ran closer to us.

"Look! I bought a Pokémon," he said showing the little stuffed toy.

I laughed and then turned back towards Lucy, who wasn't there.

"Hey, Kian, did you see where Lucy went?"

"No," he scrunched his eyebrows, "where'd she go?"

"I have no idea."

We all began searching for her. Where could she have gone?

Lucy's POV

I heard loud music, so naturally I looked to see where it was coming from. There was a huge spray paint booth set up with a lot of people surrounding it.

"Whoa, Connor, look!" I said.

"Hold on," he said as Ricky ran towards him.

I didn't want to wait, though. I hoped on the penny board and rode towards the booth. It reminded me of when I was in New Jersey and I saw Joshua Moonshine's booth. (A/N: yes, he is a real person in Wildwood, and his artwork is amazing) Actually, it was kind of exactly like his booth. I pushed my way through the front of the line. People started with hatred but I didn't care. I watch the technique the man was using. His name? Jerry. That's all it said. His artwork was exquisite. He made a lot of spray paint work. I videotaped some of it for Connor's vlog. I didn't realize how long I'd been there until I looked around. There wasn't many people anymore, and they were different ones from before. I didn't care though. Imagine doing that for a living. Getting paid to do what you love. A crowd started to form again. Someone stood really close to me. I wasn't going to be rude and tell them to move so I just didn't look. I watched closely as Jerry spray painted another canvas.

"Pretty amazing, huh?" I heard, the voice was familiar. Too familiar. I took my eyes off the artist to see the person standing close to me.

"Oh, Connor!" I said.

"So this is where you ran off to," he laughed.

"I could only imagine doing something like this."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've been watching. I think I know how to do it."

"Hey, do you think my girlfriend could give that a try?" Connor yelled to the artist who had just finished his painting. He got up out of his seat. He was wearing a scary looking gas mask. He slowly took it off.

"Do you want to?" he said to me.

"Seriously?" I raised my eyebrows. He handed me his gas mask. I put it on. It was sweaty, but I wasn't one to complain, especially when I got the chance to do something amazing.