Chapter 11

Ricky's POV

I ran into her dorm building. I was trying hard to remember which dorm was hers. Was it 192 or 292? Think! No! I know! It was 292! I ran past all of the dorms. 289, 290, 291... 292!

"Lucy! Let me in! Let me in, Lucy!" I banged on the door.

It opened, but Lucy wasn't standing there. It was another girl. Another very pretty girl I had never met before. She looked flustered. She was putting on her boots and a jacket when I arrived.

"Have you seen Lucy?" I asked worried.

"She was just here, crying. I asked her what was wrong, but she took her cat and left. I hate when she does this, I'm going out looking for her," she said fast.

"I can explain everything, where does she usually go when she does this?" I said following her out of her dorm and into the hallway.

"I can think of two places, Echo Park Lake or the Historic Park," she said anxiously.

"How about I go to the park and you go to the lake," I said.

"I don't care, just tell me what happened," she said as we ran through the parking lot.

I explained everything. She completely understood. I gave her my phone number and we both drove off in our cars.

Liz's POV

I was scrambling around trying to find Lucy when some guy walked in. I didn't have time to chat, so I muttered a bunch of stuff to him and started to leave the dorm. Then I realized it was Ricky freaking Dillon. I mentally punched myself for have been wearing my glasses, a messy bun, and sweats. I was fangirling, but I did my best to stay calm. I didn't need him thinking I was a freak. I had called Lucy eight times. She didn't answer. Ricky was a good friend for doing this. Poor Connor. Lucy didn't understand. Where was Lucy? I arrived at the lake. It was completely deserted. I ran to where I would find Lucy, but no one was there. I ran across the border of the lake a few times, but no use. Lucy wasn't here.

Liz: No sign of Lucy, any luck?

Ricky: Nope, still looking

Where was she?

Ricky's POV

I parked my car and ran into the park. Lucy could be anywhere. She could be getting assaulted. I was beyond worried. I heard my phone ringing, it was Connor.

"Hullo-"

"Have you found her yet?"

"No, we're looking though."

"We?"

"Her roommate."

"Oh, Liz?"

"I never got her name, is that it."

"Yeah, she's nice, please tell me if you find her!"

"Will do, just calm down, we'll find her."

"Okay."

"Let me look, bye."

"Bye."

I put my phone back in my pocket only to hear it ring again. Ugh, what does he want now. It was an unmarked number. Must be this Liz girl. I opened the text. 'No sign of Lucy, any luck?' I text her back quickly and began my search. I looked around. It was mostly flat land with a few large trees. If Lucy was here she shouldn't be that hard to find. I ran through the park looking for her. I passed a really big tree. I stopped running. Is this tree... crying. I heard soft sobs. I started to climb up the tree. It went very high up, and there were a lot of leaves. I was almost at the top of the tree, and that's when I saw her. She was safe. She had her cat sitting in her lap, and tears running down her cheeks.