Chapter 22

Lucy's POV

"What kind of tour did you think it was?"

"Not a world one..." my voice trailed off as I excused myself walking into the back room.

"Do you not want to do the tour?" Marcus said sounding hurt.

"NO! I mean... I definitely want to do it... how long would I be gone?"

"A year."

"A year? A whole year?"

"A whole year."

"What about school?"

"We've already discussed it with them, and they're perfectly fine with it."

"Wow, you've really thought this out."

"You're like an undiscovered gem. I know everyone will love you."

"So, when does this tour start."

"In three days."

"THREE?" I gasped.

"I know I know it's not a lot of time, so I really need you to think about this."

"I will."

I hung up the phone and sighed. I had a lot to think about. Connor, or a career. Never thought those would be two things to conflict each other. I walked back into the room with everyone else. A warm tear rushed down my cheek.

"What's wrong?" Connor said getting up off the couch.

"What did he say?" Liz asked.

"Are you going on tour?" Ricky continued.

The five of them stared at me. Instead of answering I ran out of the house. More and more tears poured out.

What on earth am I going to do?

Connor's POV

Lucy looked like she was about to vomit her guts up. Everyone was looking at her for an answer. She ran, slamming the door shut behind her. We exchanged looks. Without saying a word I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door behind her. I could see her off in the distance. It was pretty dark out, but the street lights did a pretty good job illuminating the streets. Lucy was pretty fast, but so was I. I caught up to her after a couple of minutes of running. She was panting and so was I. I came up from behind her and grabbed her waist.

"What's... wrong..." I huffed.

"Everything," she cried.

"Luce?" I brought her into my arms. She was full-out sobbing.     She sighed. "Do you want to talk about it?" I said trying to make her look at me. I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers. We walked laps around the street, she would eventually have to talk about it... and she did.

"It's just... I- everything was going to so perfectly between us..."

"Was? Who says it still isn't?"

"Well it's all going to come crashing down. My spray paint tour... it's for a year..."

The words hit me like a truck. A 90 miles per hour, hard blow to the head.

"A whole year?" I scratched my hear.

"A whole year. I'd ask you to come-"

"Why don't I-"

"but, it's during the O2L tour."

"Oh," I looked down sadden, "When do you have to leave?"

She hesitated. A tear rolled down her cheek. I wiped it away. "When?" I said in a whisper.