Chapter 7

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I started school today so... BACK TO MY OLD UPDATING SCHEDULE :'( I'm so sorry... Education comes first, right? :( Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 (Girl V.S. Boy)

After the movie ended, I got up and stretched. “That was a good movie,” I said.

Brandon shrugged. “It was okay.”

I rolled my eyes as Brandon stood up next to me. “So, I guess I should be driving you home, now,” he said, stuffing his hands in his pocket while looking down at the floor.

I nodded. “It must be late,” I said, frowning at the thought of what my dad would say.

“Okay, well, let’s go,” Brandon said, walking out of the theater.

The drive home was uneventful. No small talk was made. The whole ride was silent as I silently prayed for someone to speak up, other than myself.

“Well, that was fun. Thanks for today,” I said, giving Brandon a soft smile as he stopped in front of my house.

Brandon nodded. “Don’t mention it… Seriously, don’t mention it. This will cause a huge uproar from our peers and I really can’t have that.”

I frowned. “So, I can’t tell anyone about today?”

Brandon nodded. “Yeah, just say we talked about soccer and only about soccer and then I dropped you off right after.”

I sighed. “Ahh, I see. You don’t want to lose your reputation,” I said, understanding.

Brandon grinned. “Exactly! See? You got it. Now, get out,” he said, unlocking his car door.

I stared at him in disbelief for a few seconds. He didn’t want to be seen with me? “I get it. Well, this is the last time I’m ever hanging out with you again,” I snapped, before getting out of his car and slamming the door with unnecessary force.

Even though I just threw a major hissy fit, Brandon, being the fake gentleman he is, still waited in front of my house until I got in before he drove off.

“Dad?” I called out, the anger still evident in my tone.

Suddenly, Emily stepped out. “Actually, he’s still out. Where’ve you been? Unless talking about gameplays and strategies take a lot longer than I expected,” she said, smirking.

I shook my head. “Where is dad anyways? He’s been out a lot lately.”

Emily shrugged. “I don’t know. Why don’t you interrogate him when he comes back?”

I rolled my eyes as I stomped to the kitchen, sitting down and forcefully peeling a banana. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Emily asked, sitting down across from me.

I shook my head. “Nothing. Just a bit nervous for the game tomorrow.”

Emily chuckled. “Elle, I know I don’t visit often but you know how close we are and I can definitely tell that you are not being pissy because of the game. Seriously, what’s wrong?”

I sighed sharply. “Long story short, this guy who I was beginning to think was my friend basically told me that he doesn’t want to be seen with me in public.”

Emily frowned. “Come on, he didn’t say that.”

“It was implied.”

“Your implications could be wrong.”