Chapter 5: The Memory

"Dude." Newts voice filled my ears. "He got you good." He continued. I finally opened me eyes taking in my surroundings. I looked around and saw all of the boys staring at me except Jay. He was in the back of the room glaring at me. I looked back at Newt and saw a worried expression on his face. I sighed then clenched my side as pain rushed through it. I squeezed my eyes shut and it finally passed. I took a deep breath then opened my eyes once more. "What did they do to you back there?" Minho asked then continued. "Actually that's not even my first question. How did they know you? And how were you able to fight them? Many have tried but all of them failed and were killed as a punishment." Minho explained. "I don't know." I said simply. "I screamed and it just happened." I told him. "You didn't even touch them when it happened. One time when you screamed you were half way across the room yet they still were flow backwards." Minho told me. I nodded. After a couple minutes of silence Newt finally spoke up. "Did you find out anything? You know, about the people who brought us here?" He asked. I shook my head. I was about to say something when my face grew pail. I remembered something. I actually remembered something. But the moment it happened I wished it hadn't. It wasn't a pleasant memory, in fact it was the exact opposite. "Thomas?" Newt asked bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him with no expression. I feared if I would tell them about my memory they would hand me over to the Makers and have them kill me.