Chapter 27: Ryan

I woke up in a cold sweat. Everything around me was blurry. As it started to clear I realized I was in my bed. I looked around and saw everyone was asleep. I even saw Kelsey, Thalia, and Kara sleeping on the floor. I sat up slowly and almost instantly was attacked by pain. I let out a scream and fell to the ground. I looked up and saw people surrounding me then Kara appeared by my side. "Thomas! Thomas, listen to me!" She yelled. I stopped screaming and started panting. "Just tell me what's wrong! What's happening!?" She asked wile yelling. That's when it happened. I realized what was wrong. The moment I did the pain stopped. "The Makers." I sighed and stood up slowly. "There doing this?" Kara asked. I nodded and started walking towards the door. "Thomas. What are you doing? You need to rest." Kara called after me. "No. I need to stop them. What ever there doing to me is only going to get worse." I said and walked out of the door. I walked down the hall and everything started to spin. I put my hand up against the wall to stabilize me but I didn't work. I fell to the ground. "Thomas!" I heard Minho yell. I rolled over on my back and closed my eyes trying to stop the spinning. I felt someone pick me up and start walking. When I opened my eyes again we were back in the room and the spinning had stopped. I looked up and sighed. 'This is going to be harder then I thought.' I thought to my self. 'Thomas?' I heard Thalia's voice ask in my mind. I looked over at her. 'What's happening to you?' She concluded. 'I don't know.' Was all I said. That's when I heard footsteps running down the hallway so I walked to the door. I opened it slowly and saw a boy turn the corner and run into me. We fell to the ground and he instantly got off of me. "Oh my god, Thomas! It's really you!" He yelled and helped me up. Once I got to my feet he hugged me. I quickly pulled away and looked at him. He had brown hair and light brown eyes. He was as tall as me and he look familiar. I gave him a confused look and he did the same to me. "You don't remember me, do you?" He asked. I shook my head. "They took my memory." I told him. "Figures, after what you did to them, well lets just say your lucky your not dead." He told me. "Um...look anyway. I'm Ryan." He said and extended his hand. Thats when I remembered something. "Ryan." I repeat in a low voice. I looked at the door then up at him again. I walked out of the room and saw skid marks on the floor were he was running. I continued walking until I saw a patch of blood on the floor. I could hear people walking behind me. I looked over at a door and saw blood on it. I turned towards Ryan and walked over to the door. I slowly opened it and walked into complete darkness. The door closed behind me and it locked. I could hear people pounding on the door but I didn't bother trying to open it. I knew it wouldn't work. That's when I knew I had walked into a trap. Ryan worked of the people who brought us here.  That's when I heard the door burst open. I looked at it and saw everyone run in. I was about to walk over to them but something stopped me. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around and what I saw scared me half to dead. A man beat to a bloody pulp stood there staring at me with a huge grin on his face. I stumbled backwards and almost fell. "Thomas." The man said in a scratchy voice. "How do you know my name?" I asked in a strong voice. "Thomas." He repeated. "Thomas, Thomas. Thomas. Thomas. Thomas! Thomas! Thomas!" The man yelled walking closer to me. I backed up slightly. He just kept yelling my name and walking closer to me. That's when Kara appeared by my side. She then handed me a knife. She didn't say anything but I knew what she meant. "Wait for my command." I said and gestured for her to go to his backside. She did as she was told and waited behind the man ready to attack. "Thomas! Thomas! Thomas!" He yelled louder. "SHUT UP!!!!" I yelled and the building shook. He stopped talking and stood silent. "How do you know me?" I asked. "You did this to me. You tried to kill me." He said with no expression. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Kill me." Was all he said. "W...what?" I asked. "Just kill me." He said dropping to his knees. "You did it before, you can do it again." He said his voice cracking. "I don't...." I started but he interrupted. "Kill me." He said his voice more powerful. Before I could say anything he started screaming. He then fell to the ground in pain. He started rolling around on the ground and I started to glow blue. I fell to the ground and screamed. I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling. I was paralyzed. I tried to move but nothing happened. I started to glow brighter. The mans screams filled my ears but I couldn't do anything. His screams only grew louder as I glowed brighter until finally it started to fade. As the light finally stopped so did the mans screams. For a couple seconds I felt weak but it soon ended. That's when I heard the man start to cry. He sobs full of pain and sorrow. That's when it stopped. I stood up slowly when I could finally move. I looked over at the man and saw he was huddled up in a corner staring at me. "Please, just kill me." He begged. "I...I can't." I told him. He looked at me shocked. "But....you used to do it to my people." He said. "I...." I started and that's when it hit me. "Your apart of The Blood." I stated. He nodded. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Chris....he...he kicked me out when this started happening." The man explained gesturing towards himself. I nodded. "But why did you come here?" I asked curious. "I was fallowing you." He told me. I nodded once more and turned to Kara. "Give him a room." I said and gripped the knife tighter then walked out of the room.