Chapter 14: The Others

Kara took us back to our assigned room and Thalia to hers. I was exhausted but I couldn't seem to fall asleep that's when I heard Thalia's voice in my head. 'You still awake?' She asked. 'Yeah, half of us are.' I informed her. I could tell she nodded. 'I'm bored.' She told me. 'Me two.' I said truthfully. There was a long silence until Thalia finally broke it. 'Thank you.' 'For what?' I asked. 'For saving me.' She said.
We talk for a couple hours until I finally started to fall asleep. I could hear her calling out in my head but I didn't have the strength to answer back. As darkness started to surround me I could hear Thalia screaming for me to answer her but it was to late, I fell asleep.
I woke up to someone shaking me frantically. I opened my eyes and saw Newt leaning over top of me with a worried look on his face. Once he saw a was awake he stopped shaking me. He turned around. "He's awake!" He yelled. Thalia and Kara came into view as well as Minho. Thalia sighed happy a small smile on her face. But the smile soon faded. I could feel sweat run down my forehead. "You disappeared. One moment we were talking and the next you were just gone. I couldn't feel you. It was like you broke the connection, for good....like you were dead." Thalia explained out loud. I sighed. I had another memory. I sat up and looked at the guard behind Kara. He was tall, skinny, and wore a uniform. He was the one that brought me here. "Thomas, what happened?" Thalia asked. 'I remembered something.' I told her in my head. 'What? How? None of us are getting out memories back, why are you?' She asked. 'I don't know, they come back in bits and pieces, some of them are a little foggy, others are perfectly clear.' I explained. She nodded. "I had another memory." I said out loud this time. "What was it about?" Newt asked. I stood up and walked over to the guard I was previously looking at. I stood next to him. "You." I said looking at the man. He looked at me as well. "Thank you." I told him. He nodded. "In my memory I was walking, I don't know were to and I don't know what for, but I was walking, and these people came out of know were. They attacked me. But you stopped them and got me to safety." I said. He nodded obviously remembering the event. I gave him a simple nod and walked back to my previous spot on the bed. I looked up to see Jay standing in front of me. He had no exspresion. I stood up again so we were at eye level. I could hear two guards come stand beside me. "Your hiding something, and I'm gonna fine out what it is." He told me and walked away. He was right, I was hiding something from him. I was hiding something from all of them, well all except Thalia. I quickly glanced at her and she did the same to me. 'Don't tell them. Not yet.' I told her in my head. She nodded. That's when a sense if huger clouded all of my thoughts. 'Im hungry.' I told Thalia simply. She laughed out loud then nodded. Some of the guys gave us curious looks and I decided to tell them what I was thinking. "Is it just me or is everyone else starving?" I asked. They all nodded and I looked at Kara. "Anything for you Thomas." She said with a smile. "I actually have something to tell all of you." She said her gaze moving from all of the boys to me. "Come with me." She said her smile not going away. I hesitate but listened my curiosity taking over. I walked beside her, Thalia next to me. Newt and Minho were both behind us with the rest of the boys fallowing close behind us. We turned a corner and stopped at a large metal door. She looked at me then stepped back. I glanced at Thalia and all the guys. 'Be carful.' Thalia told me in my head. I nodded. 'Always.' I said with a small smirk. I grabbed the door knob and opened the door. I took a step in and was shocked at what I saw. Food, tables, but what was the most shocking was, people. Boys and girls all of them teenagers. They all turned to look at me. Kara appeared beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. The people seemed shocked by her kindness to me. I could tell most of them saw her as an enemy. She started walking and I fallowed. She turned around and looked at all of the boys then at Thalia. "Go find your seats, I need to talk to Thomas." She said. Some hesitated but listened. Thalia gave me a worried look but fallowed the boys.
We walked through the cafeteria and sat down at a table full of people in uniforms. Michel sat on the other side of me. Kara just smiled at me. "Thomas, I need to ask you something."  Her face went serious the moment she started talking. "Chis...what did he say to you?" She asked. "Nothing really, just that it was my fault you tried to kill him." I told her. "Okay." She said. We sat in silence until finally she spoke. "Come with me." She said and got up. I stood as well and started walking behind her. "Thomas!" I heard Newt yell from across the room. I turned around and saw all the boys from my section running over to us Thalia fallowing close behind. Kara grabbed my arm and started walking faster. Then she started running. She dragged me into a room and closed the door locking it. That's when I realized.....that wasn't Kara.