Chapter 14

Jenny POV

After we dropped Eric and Emil, I was all alone with Martin in his car sitting next to him in an awkward silence. I don't know why but I was feeling awkward and I know Martin was feeling he same. We were not talking at all.

My friends say that he is a good guy. I don't know. What should I do? He is not saying anything and I have no topic to say as well.

"How's your practice going?" I asked him finally.

"Huh? Uh...football practices....good...good." he replied.

Again I have nothing to ask. Ugh....leave it and by the way any relation between me and Martin I don't think is possible, a little friendship maybe.

That silence wasn't enough that the car stopped suddenly. He tried to start it again, but no use.

"I'll go out and check....you stay ok?" he said and got off the car. He opened the bonnet of the car to see. And after two minutes I heard a big boom sound so I got off worried to see what happened. And when I saw Martin I burst out laughing.

His face all black, clothes dirty fumes all over. That boom sound came from his car I couldn't really help myself but laugh.

"This isn't funny." He said to me coughing.

"I am sorry but I can't help myself, if you could see yourself you'll laugh too." I said trying not to laugh.

"Is it? I don't think so." He said rubbing his eyes.

"I'll show you wait." I took out my cell phone and quickly captured his photo.

"No no wait no pictures." He tried to protest and avoid but it's too late I already clicked one. I showed it to him.

"Whoa that is funny." He accepted.

"Now what?" I asked. He gave me my phone back.

"Uh... push." He said.

"Push?" that wasn't funny.

"Yeah my house isn't too far from here; we can push the car to my house." He said it like it was nothing.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah c'mon." he said and moved to the driver's side and tool the position to push the car.

I stood there like a statue for a moment trying to make sense out of it but then I had to move to other side to push.

"One two three." We counted together and started.

He was continuously rubbing his eyes. He must be getting irritated.

"God Martin stop rubbing your eyes you might caught an infection." I warned him. I bend in the car; there was a napkin box I gave a napkin to him.

"Here just clean your eyes once." I suggested him and gave him the napkin.

"Alright."

"How long?" I asked in a tired voice after ten minutes.

"Just few minutes." He replied. It took us fifteen minutes, fifteen tiring minutes for him to finally say we have reached.

First remark, his house was huge. After him saying "we have reached" I looked up and saw a big gate in front of me. Martin opened that door.

"Whoa... wait beggars are not allowed." The guard came running as he saw us on the gate.

"I am not a beggar... I am Martin." Martin said to him angrily.

"What?" the guard replied shockingly.

"Yes." Martin replied cleaning a bit of black from his face.